Job ID: 2203277 Location:
CHANTILLY , VA , US Date Posted:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professional to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance.
SAIC's Network Engineer will support day-to-day operational needs within a network infrastructure lifecycle. The engineer will design new networks, monitor existing networks, and perform evaluations to identify potential areas of improvement. The Network Engineer will provide engineering, design, and implementations of solutions for multiple network architectures. Qualifications
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Five (5) or more years of demonstrated experience in one or more of the following networking activities:
- Plan upgrades to existing network configurations, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being upgraded and the specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal network performance
- Implementing Cisco routing/switching configuration and troubleshooting
- Designing and configuring firewalls
- Utilize monitoring, performance analysis, network management software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems, gauge network performance, and trace data and protocol activities
- Design and implement moderately complex network designs; perform upgrades to limited segments of the network, and perform routine network operations and maintenance (O&M)
- Assisting in preparing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Preparing technical proposals for presentation to engineering review boards for approval
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Note that years of experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience in cloud networking in environments such as AWS or Azure
- Certifications: CompTIA Network+ or CCNA
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.