SAIC is seeking candidates for the DISA Joint C2 Portfolio Systems Engineering (JC2) initiative which is comprised of four (4) major Department of Defense (DoD) programs: the Global Command and Control System-Joint (GCCS-J), the Global Combat Support System-Joint (GCSS-J), the Joint Planning and Execution Services (JPES), and the Global Command and Control System-Joint Enterprise (GCCS-JE). JC2 is an overarching approach for fulfilling requirements to provide systems engineering technical and management support for the planning, implementation, and execution of current and future enterprise Information Technology (IT) capabilities and computing services.
The candidate for this position possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. May supervise others.
The Network Engineer:
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in the engineering, application, and development of multiple operating systems.
- Analyzes computer software and hardware requirements to provide integration and implementation support through the design and development of new systems at a highly technical level.
- Ensures that system are functioning according to design specifications. Analyzes and documents users' functional and data requirements.
- Develops site survey instruments to gather detailed user requirements and business process analysis data.
- Conducts functional user interviews to document functional, system, customization, and data requirements and data sources.
- Determines data requirements for internal processes and external interfaces.
- Develops new systems or tailors commercial products to meet user requirements.
- Maps existing data structures and migrates legacy data to the new or tailored systems.
- Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meets documented user requirements.
- Develops documentation to describe system requirements and use.
- Provides technical support and diagnoses and resolves system problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications, as assigned.
- This position may permit occasional flexwork.
- 3-7 years of experience in a relevant field to the requirement.
- An active Secret Clearance.
- Familiarity with Agile and or SAFe practices.
- Any equivalent IAT-II certification.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
My SAIC Benefits.