Responsible for all customer data processing operations activities and staff related to networking. Handles problem/change management as related to the customer's operations procedures and control mechanisms. Monitors and maintains network performance related to all IT operations (desktop, connectivity, switches, routers, remote access, etc.).
- Familiarity with a wide range of products and vendors in the telecommunications environment (voice, data, wireless, and video)
May design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities. Prepares the analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling. May conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis. May evaluate new technology. Duties may include providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network systems. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Bachelor's degree and nine (9) years of experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more of experience.
- Preferred certifications: MCSE, LPIC, RHCE, VCP6-DCV, CompTIA Server +, CCNP
- Experience supervising and supporting 24x7x365 Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Must reside in the DC Metro Area
Desired Desired Qualifications
- Experience implementing SLA's & KPI's that are structure to focus on internal and external customer requirements.
- Must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. with the ability to obtain a public trust
My SAIC Benefits.