Job DescriptionNetwork EngineerJob Description:
Lead efforts in designing multi-protocol networks using routers, large bridged networks, and creating and maintaining network documentation. Assist users with network and communications issues. Define routed network addressing schemes, design network links for satellite communications. Setup and install wireless networks from various, different vendors. Maintain and install various operating systems on workstations.
Travel is a requirement (approximately 20-30%).What you will be doing:
BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent training or experience).
Familiarity with wireless technology (802.11, 802.16, wireless mesh technology).
Knowledge of military radios and SATCOM systems.
Excellent communication skills.
Self-motivated professional.Requirements Include:
- BS/MS in Network Engineering or Information Technology focus.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers
- Ability to obtain or possess a Secret clearance
- Wireless device installation experience.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technologies and products using documentation and internet resources.
- LAN and WAN experience.
- Network security experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated initiative, self-motivation, eagerness to learn, and attention-to-detail.
- Ability to working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
This is a contract to hire position, located in Tampa, FL. Anticipate travel 20%.Security Clearance
: Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.Benefits: (After contract term and once hired as a direct hire)
Direct deposit, allotments, credit union membership, paid holidays, paid time off, a Flexible Spending Plan (cafeteria plan), medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, metro/parking offset and 401(k). Candidates selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.