Business Group Highlights Intelligence
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions. Responsibilities
This position will be a part of a team of network engineers responsible for the design, migration, implementation, enhancement, optimization and maintenance of LAN/WAN/Video/Voice/desktop infrastructure. This position is expected to work with senior network engineers on various technical projects including but not limited to network consolidation and integration, architecture designs and updates, site renovations and relocations as well as routine network related operational responsibilities.
• Position my require occasional travel throughout the continental Qualifications
- Provide technical expertise and assist with network integration and consolidation efforts across multiple network environments
- Addresses and resolves complex technical proles relating to the installation and upgrade of network hardware and systems
- Interface with customers, vendors and other technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements
- Document engineering standards, leads in the development of network architecture and engineering designs and changes
- Assist in evaluating current and emerging network technologies, conducts technical assessments and makes recommendation to Chief Engineer
- Strong interpersonal an customer service skills in addition to the ability to effectively manage and prioritize individual projects and tasks
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
or relevant experiencein lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 6 - 10 years hands-on experience in the implementation and administration of complex, multi-location, multi-vendor networks
- CCNA certification is strongly preferred
- Hands on experience with the implementation and use of network monitoring, fault management and performance analysis tools such as SYSLOG, SNMP, What's Gold, Solarwinds, etc.
- Familiarity with data center infrastructure and experience with Cisco routers and switches
- Experience with network security concepts, best practices and technologies including, but not limited to, SSH, IPSec, TACACs, firewall policies and802.1x
Clearance: Active Top Secret/SCI clearance w/Poly is required
As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and physiological screening.About PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.Perspecta is anAA/EEOEmployer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).