SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a Network Engineer for a contract to hire opportunity in Stafford, VA.
Provides daily supervision of subordinate technical positions; develops strategies and direction for network systems solutions; provides complex technical support for network systems; programs data communication networks.
- Provides daily supervision of subordinate technical positions;
- Develops strategies and direction for network systems solutions;
- Oversees the planning, installation, configuration, and maintenance of networks, LAN, WAN and WiFi;
- Configures and maintains CISCO routers, switches, and hubs for the network system;
- Supervises network performance and security issues;
- Monitors firewall and supporting functions;
- Ensures that network connections are online and active;
- Evaluates and recommends new and innovative technology;
- Troubleshoots and resolves network communication problems;
- Maintains current and accurate documentation of existing and future network infrastructure;
- Oversees work and performance of subcontractors engaged in projects;
- Performs preventative hardware and software maintenance and all systems servers;
- Performs related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of computer networking systems and protocols and connections and facilities;
- Thorough knowledge of computer / network systems infrastructure requirements and standards;
- Thorough knowledge of computer security systems; applications, procedures and techniques; Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks, and / or related hardware and software;
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, superiors, and other departments and the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science or related field and considerable networking and system administration.
- Requires experience and knowledge of Microsoft Windows environments, local and wide area networks and security.