StratusIQ, located in Southeastern Colorado Springs, CO is looking for a full-time Network Engineer (IT) to engage in our customer-driven service model.
While many professional technical individuals may be great at solving technical issues, some lack the understanding of the complexities that need to be or could have been implemented to minimize impact or prevent failure.
We are working towards a high-9.9xx level of production quality in a 24/7/365 operation for 2020.
This Engineering role carries the responsibility of working within a team to handle tier 3 requests, handed down via an internal ticketing system (Crow Canyon)
This ticketing software assists us regarding potential issues for our Internet, telephony and video client base and requires a person who can communicate about complex ideas and technology in simple everyday terms.
Candidates should have a strong understanding of network infrastructure as they will be asked to perform on any of our locations and become proportionally responsible for maintaining a reliable, secure and efficient network and within our team environment that s accountable to one another and especially towards our customers.
The ideal candidate will have internet service provider (ISP) tier-3 technical engineering experience and be able to deploy, configure, maintain and assist in supporting our field engineers (OSP, Tier 1, Tier 2)
- Understanding of Layer 2 Networking (basic switching and bridging, VLANs, MPLS)
- Understanding of Layer 3 Networking (Static Routing, OSPF, BGP)
- Understanding of IPV4 and IPV6 protocols.
- Purposefully seek out deficiencies, review with management, propose streamlined solution(s), including advising on recommend hard/soft/firmware solutions.
- Must demonstrate an inherent desire to learn, supported with a love for technology.
- Must be able to be flexible with tasks and deadlines.
- Be able to work outside in any weather conditions when necessary.
- Must demonstrate personal accountability in working with manager on priorities, handling multiple responsibilities, and meeting personal or end-user imposed deadlines based on customer needs.
- Perform a range of device configuration and setup.
- Monitor network performance regarding high- availability, utilization, throughput, and latency and seek out vulnerabilities which includes network upgrades and repairs.
- Multiple Infrastructure areas including core network, remote terminals, nodes, video systems, telephony, telecommunications, servers, storage, databases, end-user devices and associated data cabling used to support customers and others.
- Routers, switches and networks, troubleshooting, VPN, IP management and database monitoring management.
- Experience in telecom service delivery, providing both data and voice products to small business customers.
- Consistently exceeded customer Service Level Agreements as well as hitting team and personal goals.
- A working background with Extreme router/switches is a plus.
- Excellent opportunity to gain valuable knowledge in the field of IP networking deployment in an ISP and OSP.
- Enthusiastic about technology with the motivation to learn independently.
- An awareness of how technology impacts business.
- Strong critical thinking aptitude and troubleshooting experience.
- The desire to work as part of a team.
- An empathetic and holistic approach in detecting problems, advising, then applying solutions.
- Professional confidence, and a passion for solving problems.
- A positive, courteous demeanor.
- An aptitude towards service.
- Openness to feedback.
- Ability to learn from experience.
- Focus on finding appropriate long-term solutions to technical issues.
- The ability to take ownership over technical issues and see them through to resolution.
- Candidate must live within 30 minutes of South/East Colorado Springs, CO
- Driver s license and personal transportation a must.
- OSPF, some Layer 2, more layer 3 management with regards to design & improvement based on customer or engineering requirements.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 2-5 years experience in an ISP or equivalent environment experience.
- Ticketing utilization, timely response/resolve and follow-up documentation.
- Independently learning about our clients needs.
- Understanding backup and disaster recovery concepts.
- Use of Microsoft Visio, AutoCAD or similar to create documentation of existing/future systems.
- A current understanding of industry standard practices.
- Understanding and self-ownership regarding our end-user agreements (SLA).
- Working both in our main office and our locally-remote locations.
- Experience in troubleshoot and resolve within layer 2 and layer 3 routing and switching.
- Knowledge regarding network principles, what they mean, and how they interact.
- Troubleshooting, and maintaining peripherals like: PON, GPON, ONT, OLT in a FTTH or the equivalent within our HCF plant.
- Possess and utilize basic general hand tools required to perform repairs.
- Adding and monitoring devices in Solarwinds and What s app or similar SNMP type.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware/software issues and running diagnostics.
- Demonstrable ability to learn quickly then support various business applications.
We are proud to be competitive within our region and are growing exponentially. Some of the benefits our employees enjoy include:
- Competitive wages
- Generous benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, & 401(k) program
- Employment type: employee's choice
- Very generous paid time off program.
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
- We re looking for the best of those whom desire to continue or expand upon their body of work within the IT/ ISP industry
- Looking for highly skilled, passionate people to help us do something necessary, difficult, and mutually beneficial.
- If you re ready to learn, be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent, apply today!