- Work on deployment projects
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- Cisco CCNA certification (or equivalent: Juniper JNCIA certification etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years technical experience
- Theoretical knowledge and working experience of IP technologies, routing protocol fundamentals, Ethernet and VLAN principles in OSI Layers 1-3
- Technical skills and experience implementing and troubleshooting Layer 2 and 3 switch/routing technology configurations, all aspects of h/w capacity upgrades and s/w code upgrades on Cisco (IOS, XR), Juniper (JunOS) and Arista (EOS) platforms
- Highly motivated team player; a self-starter who demonstrates the ability to think independently and analytically, working as part of a team
- Strong communication skills, with a commitment to accuracy
- Ability to engage with technical teams and external vendors
- Requires a networking background, specifically with a change management, planning and execution focus, a background in project implementation management
- Skilled in Ethernet technology and VLAN principles, TCP/IP and IP routing protocols with working knowledge and experience of IP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS/LDP, VLAN and VPN principles.
- A working understanding of JunOS, IOS, IOS-XR and EOS code and CLI.
- An understanding of Linux, KVM and ESXi hypervisors and VMWare vCenter is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of Cisco routers (inc. CRS-1, ASR9K), Juniper routers and switches (MX960, QFX9000) and Arista switches (7000, 7200, 7500 series)
- Understanding associated hardware, software and configurations related to these platforms.
- An understanding of SDN and NFV.
Since 1984, Synectics has been committed to aligning talented professionals with jobs they find challenging and fulfilling. Let us leverage our recruiting experience and our long-standing relationships with our clients to help you in your job search.
To view a comprehensive list of jobs offered by Synectics, please visit our website at . We offer a wide variety of positions in cities throughout the United States.
Synectics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.