Network Engineer Tier 3 (Zscaler)
Apex Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Tier III Network Engineer supporting one of our federal clients. Position Summary:
The ZScaler Engineer Senior performs Tier 3 support primarily for the ZScaler solution implemented within a federal government environment. Initially for the first 3-6 months, the right candidate will have a strong foundation in cloud security and zero trust architecture and will focus exclusively on ZScaler rollout support. Later on following the rollout, this candidate will be responsible for the design, engineering, planning, testing, implementation, configuration, operation, maintenance, administration, management, and troubleshooting of government network infrastructure systems, to include all networking and firewall devices. This is a customer-facing position and as such this candidate must have the ability to directly interact with clients, customers, and vendors. Note - This position may require on-site support during the COVID pandemic. Current staff is on a rotating schedule providing minimum on-site support 2 days a week, however, this support is intended to increase to full-time and fluctuate based on customer needs. What You'll Get to Do:
More About the Role:
- Serve as escalation point for Tier 2 support team
- Participate in the resolution and develop root cause analysis and troubleshooting
- Provide Infrastructure Support including: Servers, Storage, Active Directory, Identity
- Provide Network troubleshooting support related to VPN infrastructure solution including routers, firewall, telephony, and switches
- Ability to conduct engineering design and evaluation testing of the numerous solutions features implemented as part of the Zero Trust Architecture Implementation
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot the secure access to applications and services leveraging the Cloud Secure Gateway (CSG) platform
- Documenting the SOP related to how the solution has changed the way the organization does it delivery of key services impacted
- Leading migrations from legacy VPN connectivity to Cloud based Private Access Solutions, leveraging elastic IPs and network interfaces within Cloud Infrastructure
- Assist with development of Technical Requirement and Detailed Design Documentation capturing the network connectivity configuration of the implemented solution related to application and services focused on the proposed architecture
- Works to ensure users are authored access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds without traditional VPN
- Identify and remediate security risks associated with environment variables and ensure micro segmentation of processes works across multiple systems with required policies.
- Responsible for leading the implementation, deployment, and maintenance of networks for a federal government customer's distributed enterprise network environment.
- Establish networking environment by collaborating on designing system configuration; assisting with creating circuit plan, leading system installation, documenting system architecture, and enforcing network standards.
- Provide detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Build, configure, install, and lead troubleshooting various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, VPN), LAN, and WAN.
- Analyze user's Information Technology (IT) requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures.
- Validate system requirements and provide recommendations to enable transition from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) network to an agency owned and managed network.
- Advise senior level customers on network architecture and optimization
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Plan, implement and maintain an enterprise network environment to include Cisco routers, Cisco switches (Multi-Layer, Data Center/ Access/Core/ Distribution), firewalls and software defined access
- Lead and undertake major networking projects
- Develop presentations and reports
- Prepare and present plans and changes to Technical Review Board
- Conduct testing of network systems. Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; responding to and troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; conducting equipment refreshes, collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Utilize monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems, assess network performance, and trace data and protocol activity.
- Track all work activities in Service Now.
- Mentor/train more junior members of the team.
- Document and update network diagrams, work instructions, and standard operating procedures
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Ability to obtain Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Entry On Duty (EOD) - Active EOD preferred
- BA/BS + 9 years of applicable experience or 14 years without degree
- One of the following certifications:
- CompTIA Network+
- Strong experience working on zero trust architecture and cloud security
- Strong experience working on physical and logical network for network infrastructure installation or deployment projects
- Strong experience with making configuration changes on switches, routers, and firewalls
- Strong experience with systems and network monitoring tools
- Strong experience gathering technical and business customer requirements
- Strong networking background to be able to troubleshoot complex network issues
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Able to communicate clearly and professionally with senior customers to field and troubleshooting questions and issues
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Previous DHS experience
- Previous Zscaler experience
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Security+
- CCNP Security
- Windows Server administration
- SolarWinds network management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent + 9 years
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org