We are searching for a Network Engineer with the right mix of skillset and soft skills.
The candidate will be responsible for performing engineering services to enable all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance, sustainment of existing networks. Analyze design, specifications, and related documents. Implements communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of a networked enterprise environment. Analyzes network characteristics (eg traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput), troubleshoots problems and recommends modification of network configurations. Prepares technical documentation and presentations to engineering review boards for adding new technologies to the network. Performs a full range of upgrades to the existing network architecture.
The candidate will also support a vast number of other corporate tasks including: Developing technical solutions; Installing IT and A/V solutions at remote Project Sites and other related IT, A/V, and IA efforts.
Coordinate and summarize reporting of security notice compliancy.
- Design, install and configure internal and customer facing servers, network devices and firewalls.
- Proactively manage and maintain server, network and firewall systems
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Group Policy design and configuration
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration
- Microsoft 365 Cloud Administration and security configuration
- Monitor and support backups, virus protection, IAVA Compliance and patch management.
- LAN Routing and Switching design, configuration and troubleshooting (VLANs, IP Subnetting, 802.1Q trunks)
- Be proficient with DNS, WINS, DHCP, and TCP/IP.
- Maintain proficiency in all required certifications (Cisco, Brocade, Polycom, Crestron, Client, Dell, etc.).
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation
- Evaluate vendor hardware, firewall, telecom and software and summarize recommendation
- Mentor / cross train team members on existing and new technologies
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 6 -8 years of IT system and network administration experience working in a globally distributed infrastructure
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related area.
- Possess professional IT training and certifications to include:
- A+ Certification required
- Net+ Certification required
- Security + Certification required
- CCNA preferred
- CCDA desired
- Microsoft Certification preferred
- Hands on experience with telecommunications systems including peripheral equipment (e.g. computer networks, optical fiber, on site controllers, data modems, terminals, etc.)
- Unified message (Lync, Avaya), IP Telephony, H.323, SIP
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Technical documentation and use of all Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Effective time management and organizational skills as well as the ability to manage multiple and changing priorities with attention to detail.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Department of Defense Secret Clearance