We are seeking a mid-level Network Engineer to join a newly formed Network Engineering team within our Architecture & Infrastructure organization. The team is responsible for the networks that support critical internet infrastructure. The nature of the work will span greenfield deployments and legacy enhancements and improvements.
Key Team Responsibilities:
• Critical bridge between current deployment and future implementation.
• Responsible for driving deployed technology.
• Formalize code testing and deployment.
• Network QA and solution validation and testing.
• RCA reproduction and remediation.
• Bridge between NetOps and Network Architecture.
Key Individual Responsibilities:
• Liaison between network architecture and operations. Be able to review high level network architectural artifacts and assist in the creation of a production candidate for testing.
• Network testing and quality assurance. The candidate will participate in lab testing and documenting new vendor code and new architectures for feature gaps, bugs and compliance.
• Network troubleshooting and fault isolation. The candidate must have an understanding of network control plane, so that (s)he can reproduce abnormalities in a lab environment for root cause analysis and remediation.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of a network orchestration and configuration management.
• Assist in the testing of auto remediation functions to monitor, manage and recover from undesirable network events
The Benefits and Culture:
• Work on the high-scale systems that provide key Internet services
• Strong Verisign technical community with constant opportunities to learn via tech talks and other internal events
• Training and education opportunities such as Verisign University and tuition reimbursement for work-related degrees
• Clearly defined corporate mission and values
• Vibrant internal organizations such as the Young Professionals and Women in Technology groups
• Numerous benefits for all stages of life: employee stock purchase plan, parental leave and support programs, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, vacation, comprehensive insurance programs, 401K company match, nursing room, back-up child and adult/elder care support, pet insurance, wellness, commuter and more
• Fully-equipped onsite gym offering free classes; tennis, volleyball, and basketball courts, table tennis
• Casual dress policy
• Heavily subsidized onsite multi-station cafeteria, Starbucks, smoothie and juice bar
• Volunteering and matching opportunities to give back to our community via the Verisign Cares program
Verisign operates the Domain Name System (DNS) root and powers the hugely-significant .COM domain enabling the world's 4.5 billion Internet users to connect online with reliability and confidence, anytime, anywhere. Our global servers process millions of DNS queries every second. Because these services underpin the online connectivity of the Internet, our products must be absolutely correct and remain available - even during the most extreme Internet spike load events.
• Hands on experience with network devices (routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, etc).
• Understanding of infrastructure protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS, VRRP, DHCP, TCP, UDP), IP addressing (IPv6), and application protocols (DNS, SMTP, HTTP, etc.)
• Understanding of cloud technologies (Kubernetes, Openstack, Micro-segmentation, etc.)
• Experience in Python, Go, Ansible, Shell scripting
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
• 5+ year's related experience
• Troubleshoot and isolate network related issues in a timely manner
• Quickly adapt to and learn new technologies, both development framework and technology advancements
• Have a high aptitude and technology-agnostic approach to engineering
• Experience in deploying and operating public and/or private cloud infrastructures.
• Solid understanding of the Linux operating systems and Docker containers. Terraforming experience is a plus!
• Experience with automation platforms (Ansible, Salt, etc) and Python programming