Have you heard about the largest pure-play IT Services provider to the Federal Government? SRA and CSC have merged and we are CSRA! CSRA delivers a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens. CSRA enables our U.S. government customers to more effectively ensure the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation. Over 19,000 Employees, have made CSRA their employer of choice. We invite you to join the ranks of these talented professionals!Is Cyber Security your niche? Well this just may be the job for you! The National Cyber Security Protection System (NCPS) is an integrated system of intrusion detection, analytics, intrusion prevention, and information sharing capabilities that are used to defend the Federal Executive Branch’s IT infrastructure from cyber threats. NCPS is housed within the Network Security Deployment (NSD) Division of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
CSRA provides NSD with operations and maintenance support to sustain NCPS cyber security capabilities.
We are currently seeking an experienced Network Engineer with hands on knowledge of Juniper or Cisco in Arlington, VA. This position requires an active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility.This position is responsible of installing, configuring, and maintaining network infrastructure equipment (routers, firewalls, switches, etc) both within the Production and Lab environment. This position requires in-depth knowledge of both Cisco and Juniper devices and requires the successful candidate be able to interface with the customer, vendors, and other technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements, prioritize tasks, and ensure all project stakeholders and members are kept current related to status of assigned projects/tasks.
Essential Job Functions
- Design, plan, test, and implement LANs and WANs using latest technology.
- Actively monitor and manage the network and optimize system performance.
- Apply operating system updates, patches and configuration changes
- Implement network security measures.
- Provide and manage system documentation for all related network systems.
- Support and configure all routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Manage the testing and implementation of upgrades and changes to the network systems.
- Designs and plans network systems.
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducts testing of network systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.