Business Operational Concepts (BOC) is a recognized leader in providing Technical and Program Management Services, Information Technology, and Support.
BOC has enabled their Government and Commercial clients to achieve their organizational initiatives through the application of high quality, innovative, and cost effective professional services and solutions. We provide a positive working environment, with opportunities for advancement in our growing Federal sector workforce.
We offer an excellent compensation package which includes a generous salary, insurance (medical, dental, etc.), paid leave, 401k plan and more. We are committed to the diversity we bring to the marketplace and believe customer satisfaction comes first.
Business Operational Concepts (BOC) is currently seeking a Network Engineer with CCNP to work with our government client. The ideal candidate will provide day-to-day operational services supporting switches, routers, firewalls, VPN devices, and other LAN/WAN infrastructure components that directly support the government customer. The successful candidate must be able to operate in an enterprise setting, with collaborative and communications skills to support staff managing the enterprise IT environment.
* Planning, implementing, designing, engineering and supporting changes to the mission-critical data network.
* Troubleshooting complex data network issues.
* Provide guidance and technical assistance to improve network and environment health.
* Ensure integration and interoperability of network technologies.
* Assist in the design and implementation of data center and infrastructure migration.
* Ensure quick response to information assurance notifications.
* Responsible for the operations and maintenance of remote access and LAN/WAN software and hardware.
* Use network monitoring tools to optimize, improve, expand, upgrade and network capabilities and connectivity as required.
* Review system logs to determine usage levels, bandwidth, performance, and security of systems.
* Install new hardware and software making sure that all components interface correctly with each other and the network.
* Contacting manufacturer/vendor for warranty repair or replacement.
* Engineer and implement designs related to upgrades and enhancements involving all IT Infrastructure, servers, firewalls, circuits, cabling, AD, DNSSEC/DNS, network monitoring tools, and other special systems.
Deep level of knowledge and experience in the following:
* VPN / Remote Access Technologies
* Cisco Routing and Switching
* Network Monitoring Tools
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
This work requires a high degree of system-specific knowledge and a background in the various technologies and practices incorporated by the customer to include: Firewalls / Routers / Switch / WAN optimizer / Load Balancer
* CompTIA Network+
* Minimum of 5+ years of Networking experience on an enterprise level.
* ITIL V3 foundations certification preferred (Not Required).
Public Trust or the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.