Clover Consulting has a direct client in need of Network Engineer for a 9+ months contract, extension likely, contract to hire is possible. This person will need to work on-site in either Greenville, SC or Walnut, CA.
In this role you will lead network technology upgrade or expansion projects, including installation of hardware, software and integration testing, as well as coordinating these activities without disturbing function of other systems. Additionally, you will be managing and maintaining existing infrastructure while monitoring and diagnosing any performance issues. Our ideal candidate will have excellent problem-solving skills along with a thorough knowledge of network architecture and administration. You will work with our team of engineers for optimizing the network usage, and for security and data protection of our networks.
About the Role – You will:
- Maintain network availability for campus, datacenter, WAN, and cloud networks
- Develop and build out network infrastructure for projects - Hands on involvement in network planning, network architecture design and engineering
- Install, configure and maintain various network hosts and services like routers, switches, firewalls, VPN endpoints
- Design, implementation and configuration of next generation firewalls including application visibility, threat prevention, network security mitigation strategies and IDS/ISP solutions
- Provide technical input in reviewing architecture, policies and procedures
- Optimize reliability, performance, supportability and security of our production infrastructure.
- Design corporate standards and develop network enhancements
- Work on issues of varying complexity surrounding network planning, configuration, and optimization
- Integrate communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Develop capacity plans for new and existing infrastructure
- Perform network maintenances/upgrades (often during normal working hours, but sometimes during the evening or weekend)
- Troubleshoot network issues and outages, overseeing unique or escalated issues
- Identify and assist in implementing monitoring to ensure health, performance and security of our production and non-production cloud infrastructure.
- Work directly with ISP/Vendors on fixing any issues related to network
- Manage configuration of network encryptions methods including IPsec Site to Site VPN tunnels utilizing Palo Alto, Cisco Manage FW’s and Palo Alto GlobalProtect VPN client access with multifactor authentication. Palo Alto HIP checking.
- Manage Network access controls including Radius & 802.1x for wired and wireless access such as Cisco ISE (Base, Plus, Apex), Ruckus, and Brocade.
- Manage application access control utilizing multifactor authentication and Palo Alto platforms integration with OKTA.
- Manage PCI DSS and DMZ network security design, implementation and support
- Manage zero-trust frameworks and architecture for network services
- Able to document setup on an ongoing basis for on prem and cloud environment – network diagrams
- Assist in the development and documentation of technical standards and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Responds to networking issues generated via alerting systems, service desk, or Tier 1-4 tickets.
- Participate in on-call rotation and respond to after hour alerts.
- Other duties as required. This list is not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities assigned to this position
Your Experience Includes:
- Minimum 8 years in the IT networking field, with 5 of those years managing and troubleshooting a complex LAN/WAN environment with 10 or more sites.