Founded in 1987, IMG has been a leading small business that exemplifies competence, integrity and follow-through by consistently providing customer focused professional services derived from our knowledge of the customer, understanding of the requirements, development of our approach, proposal of our solution, delivery of our offerings, and the effective management of our services to ensure that our company is recognized for our relentless pursuit of improvement and for continually exceeding expectations.
IMG is currently hiring for Network Engineer with TS/SCI Full Scope Polygraph
at its Columbia, MD
- Performs network engineering services to enable all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance, sustainment of existing networks, and identification/correction of complex internetwork issues.
- Performs network engineering services to enable LAN and CAN aspects of a large enterprise network.
- Matches customer requirements to standard architecture designs and works directly with the service delivery group to implement networking upgrades.
- Provides Tier-3 support including but not limited to corrective actions, equipment refresh support, modernization efforts, and new network turn ups.
- Uses networking knowledge to ensure network capacity and availability SLAs are achieved.
- Interacts with multiple groups such as operations, installation, security, and system engineers to meet contract requirements and SLAs.
- Day to day activities may include designing, documenting, configuring and troubleshooting network architectures to include: VLANs, OSPF areas, Core, Distribution and Access architecture layers, connectivity to datacenters and end users.
- Hands on knowledge of VOIP, QOS, OSPF, multicast, VPNs, Firewalls and Ethernet required.
- Uses network management tools such as MFNA, Solarwinds and Gemx to analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput), troubleshoot problems and recommends corrective action.
Experience with installation and configuration of any levels of network devices, such as firewalls, switches, routers, cabling, Cisco, Brocade, or Juniper devices is a plus. Education:
Eight (8) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required. Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.Certifications: IAT level II required, CCNP or equivalent requiredIMG COMPANY BENEFITS
Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
401(k) with company match
20 days of personal leave plus paid holidays
Certification ReimbursementInformation Management Group is an EOE. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/National Origin