Job ID: 2014941-ALBUQUERQUE-NM Location:
ALBUQUERQUE , NM , US Date Posted:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
DOE QPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Network/Telecom Operations Lead to support a Federal agency. Join SAIC's team to provide end users seamless information technology experience leveraging efficient use of enterprise-centric solutions, modern technologies and industry best practices. Be part of the team defining the digital transformation journey for this federal agency.
The Network/Telecom Operations Lead responsibilities can include:
- Supervises the design, analysis, planning, modification, and maintenance of networks and network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities.
- Directs and manages the analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling.
- Conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis.
- Evaluate new technology.
- Duties include providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Supervises testing of network systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Directly supervises individual contributors (skilled technicians, administrative support) and/or entry level professionals (entry-level engineers).
- Administers and executes policies, processes, and procedures that affect subordinate employees and the workflow of the work unit. Leads daily operations of work unit.
This position is contingent upon contract award. Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree required; BS in STEM or Business preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DOE Q
- Experience supporting both classified and unclassified IT environments.
- Minimum of five (5) years or more experience with Network Management.
- Experience in Enterprise IT Managed Services preferred supporting at least 100 sites and 3,000 end users.
- ITIL v3 Practitioner certification and ability to obtain ITIL 4 Managing Professional within the first six months required.
- CCNP, or equivalent (i.e. CCDP), required.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- CONUS travel up to 10% of the time may be required.
- Experience with National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) preferred.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.