Apex Systems has an immediate opportunity for a Network Engineering Manager
, who is innovative, visionary, and highly-motivated, who can help solve challenging problems. This is a position supporting one of our large Federal Health Clients in the Rockville, MD area. This person will lead a team of eight network engineers, while serving as the voice of the Network Engineering program at the agency. You will also have responsibility for guiding and transforming the network and priorities of the organization, while leading current initiatives, including a network backbone upgrade and software-defined networking implementation.
Location: Rockville, MD (primarily on-site with some telecommuting allowed)
Duration: 6 month contract-to-hireTeam Information:
This team is supporting network deployments, implementation and operations for multiple sites and data centers (including disaster recovery), 500+ devices, 23 buildings, and 4,500+ users at NIAID.
The ideal candidate enjoys managing a team and will find the challenges and opportunities provided by a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment satisfying. If you want to work with a dynamic group of dedicated, technical professionals on a collaborative team that supports a life-saving mission of global importance, we encourage you to apply. Responsibilities:
- Providing technical direction in all aspects of network engineering from network design through implementation, as well as maintaining and upgrading network equipment and architecture.
- Leading the Network Engineering team in delivering modern, high-performance network design, implementation, and support.
- Overseeing capacity and performance planning, software upgrades on production platforms, new and renovated facility build-outs, and change management.
- Managing routine changes, provisioning of services, deployments, fault isolation, service recovery, and incident analysis.
- Reviewing network characteristics and recommending procurement of, and/or modifications to network components
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) and 10+ years information technology experience and may include Systems Administration, Network Administration, Systems Engineering, or Network Engineering.
- Minimum of five years network engineering experience
- Experience leading a high-performing team of engineers and administrators
- Good understanding of Cisco Routing, including OSPF, EIGRP & BGP routing protocols
- Good understanding of Cisco Enterprise Campus and Data Center Switching, including Catalyst Switch platforms and Nexus 9K/7K/5K/FEX
- Experience in managing and overseeing design and support WAN & LAN connectivity to multiple data centers and campuses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills, including experience writing implementation plans, design justifications and Visio network diagrams
- Experience leading extensive troubleshooting and resolving complex network issues
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust
- Cisco CCIE or CCNP
- Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS or JNCIE
- Cisco ACI and Cisco SD-Access experience
- Public Cloud connectivity (AWS Direct Connect, Azure ExpressRoute)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org