Business Group Highlights Civilian, State and Local
Perspecta's Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce 14,000 strong stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta has an immediate/upcoming need for a Network Engineer
Perspecta is currently conducting interviews to make contingent offers for an exciting potential new customer, the Department of Labor (DOL). Candidates with a current Public Trust clearance, and all other qualified personnel are encouraged to apply for immediate consideration. The customer states that employees working under this task order shall be United States Citizens or legal permanent residents (i.e.: "Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.s").
Under minimal direction, coordinates operational designs, develops support plans, coordinates implementations, and provides second level support for local area network (LAN), campus area network (CAN), and wide area network (WAN) solutions encompassing heterogeneous platforms. Develops system support requirements by reviewing and analyzing customer business processes and evaluating available Perspecta and/or supplier capabilities. Leads project teams in implementing new or upgraded designs and coordinates project efforts with support groups. Creates plans that support implementation of changes. Participates in system support design and performance evaluation reviews. Advises on distributed network computing issues. Establishes and maintains security and integrity standards and controls. Ensures support plans and services meet customer needs and expectations. Assists in the evaluation, testing and recommendation of hardware, software, and network configurations based on customer need. Coaches others in the application of new operational support technologies. Analyzes user requirements and statistics to identify trends and resolve performance issues. Coordinates and approves updates of the site administration documentation. Keeps abreast of emerging operational support technologies and industry trends. Recommends appropriate price/performance improvement opportunities.
Qualifications Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's Degree with 2 years experience OR Associate's Degree with 4 years experience OR 6 years minimum experience. Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Experience managing WAN and LAN to ensure at least, 99.9% availability of the network, keeping a well-documented network environment, and quickly solving issues with the network.
- Experience conducting network configuration support including maintaining a telecom circuit inventory, including addresses and configuration information for all sites and services; Conduct analysis on future network needs.
- Able to work hand-in-hand and in partnership with a managed services WAN and Internet provider for circuit ordering, provisioning, activations, upgrades, maintenance and management.
- Able to maintain and adjust data routing schemes, including development and execution of Continuity of Operations (COOP) plans in the event of full or partial communication loss at one or multiple sites.
- Able to monitor event logs and any alerts generated by intelligent network monitoring systems and taking immediate remediation action when an issue is discovered.
- Experience and able to develop and implement Access Control Lists with the appropriate documentation to support a least privileged approach to access security.
- Assist the Information Assurance team in the implementation of effective, streamlined, and all-inclusive perimeter defense including but not limited to Intrusion Detection System/ Intrusion Prevention System (IDS/IPS), Anti Malware, URL and Content Filtering, firewall security, and VPN Access, as well as any other requirements identified by the Information Assurance team, OMB, or DHS.
- Manage and troubleshoot of the network elements, including but not limited to routers, switches, firewalls, telephony, and Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS).
- Provide Life Cycle Management support of all LAN/WAN/Network Infrastructure and Equipment including upgrades, new installs, replacements, and adding functionality when applicable.
- Design, install, configure, and administrate all network infrastructure and transport(s) including LAN/WAN, switches, firewalls, routers, wireless, VTC, VPN, WAN Optimizers, Load Balancers, and Telephony including VoIP/UC as well as legacy Private Branch Exchange (PBX).
- Manage remote access systems (e.g., VPN), Voice over IP (VOIP), IVR, VTC and Wi-Fi tools.
- Maintain detailed and accurate online network documentation including inventories, policies, procedures, configuration, and network topology with up-to-date network architecture diagrams.
- Experience with Windows or Unix environment.
An Active Public Trust or the ability to obtain a clearance.
- CompTIA A+ Certification a plus.
- CompTIA Network+ Certification a plus.
- CompTIA Security+ Certification a plus.
- Cisco CCNA Certification a plus.Cisco CCNP Certification a plus.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) a plus.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) a plus.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) a plus.
- Experience working with Governmental agencies a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field is a plus.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Options Apply for this job onlineApply Share Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)