Position: Network Field Engineer (80%-90% Travel Required)
Type: Long-term contract w/ potential to hire
Location: Based out of Austin, TX
Job Description & Responsibilities:
This position will balance time working with Engineering Leadership, Project Managers, and directly with clients. The role is responsible for system design, installation and complex problem solving of a diverse collection of client hardware and software solutions. As such, this role requires experience or expertise in a wide range of technology solutions and platforms. This position will work out of the Austin office and requires travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Active participation in the roll out and remediation of Windows-based environments.
- Support installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of WAN/LAN network deployments: switches, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Implement various Microsoft technologies as needed, such as Windows Server, Active Directory, SQL, and any other Microsoft core business applications
- Produce and update technical documentation and diagrams supporting Engineering and Operations teams as part of project deliverables
- Able to communicate accurate and timely project status updates to stakeholders
- Demonstrate technical expertise to the client and provide cross-training to internal resources
- Provide timely communication to clients during high-stress incidents, notifying them of impending changes or agreed-upon service impacts
- Participate in the change management process
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel up to 80-90%
- Responsible for entering time daily and expenses as they occur
- Demonstrated capability of quickly learning new technologies required for accomplishing project goals.
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a project team
- Demonstrate appropriate sense of urgency working in a production environment, ensuring exceptional customer service
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our service offerings and how they relate to client needs
- Coordinate third party labor (remote hands) ensuring completion and quality control
- Ability to successfully analyze and resolve complex issues with an emphasis on client satisfaction
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Capable of supporting multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment maintaining a professional demeanor
Skills & Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have a diverse background in the following areas:
- Field Networking
- Desktop Imaging, Desktop Upgrade Support
- Azure and/or Active Directory Server (Basic understanding of AD/DNS/DHCP/ Domain/ Printer Server)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience implementing networking, server, and Business Application solutions.
- Strong troubleshooting skills regarding systems, network, and storage-based concepts. The ideal engineer can quickly identify and resolve problems with minimal supervision.
- Must have experience with Cisco Meraki switches, routers, firewalls, and security.
- LAN troubleshooting and configuration experience Layer 2, Layer 3
- Knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Scripting experience PowerShell, Batch, Bash, Python
- Work with Group Policies including supporting software deployment via Group Policies.
- Knowledge and experience with Office 365 platforms
- Knowledge of small scale and enterprise Microsoft Active Directory Domains Including all functions within: Global Catalog, DNS, FRS, DFSR, Multi-Site Sites & Services
- Proven ability to successfully analyze and perform problem resolution with an emphasis on client satisfaction.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially when dealing with clients.
- Microsoft Certification
- Cisco Certification
- Meraki Certification
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field