Network Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Seeking candidates local to the Minneapolis, Twin Cities market. Primarily onsite with flexibility to work from home.
This is potentially a contract to hire position in which conversions will be based off performance and available FTE openings. Please indicate the salary expectations for candidates who are eligible to convert to FTE. Salary range listed is base comp + 5% annual performance bonus.
Top Three Key Requirements: Palo Alto, Globel Protext VPN, & Meraki Position Summary:
You will be responsible for contributing to the design, engineering, implementation, and support of the company's enterprise network/cloud services. This includes delivering secure network solutions to our associates to enable business operations spanning office locations across the United States and Canada. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Independently perform moderately difficult assignments in the design, detailed configuration, integration, and support of existing and future technologies within assigned technical area of expertise.
- Responsible for planning, designing, reviewing, and approving robust, stable, scalable, and manageable designs.
- Perform problem diagnosis, initiate problem resolution, and provide ongoing life-cycle support for technology deployments and upgrades.
- Delivery & Documentation
- Create and maintain detailed design documents, diagrams, engineering specifications, configurations, technical implementation plans, models, troubleshooting and support guides, systems metrics, and overall project information (including key deliverables).
- Responsible for the technical correctness and completeness of engineering designs, implementations, transitions to Operations for support and related artifacts.
- Ensure that build activities are completed per engineering diagrams and in alignment with architecture and security standards.
- Leadership & Partnerships
- Manage effective relationships and work in partnership with leadership, team members, vendors, and contractors to deliver robust technical solutions that are stable, secure, scalable and manageable.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise in designing and implementing stable, secure and manageable solutions
- Mentor, coach and contribute to the development of peers and other team members as appropriate
- Project Support
- Utilize performance data and historical metrics to effectively: plan for growth needs; plan upgrades, migrations, optimizations and new implementations; identify and resolve efficiency issues; and improve overall functionality.
- Analysis & Problem Solving
- Recommend, deploy and document design strategies and solutions for software/hardware/network engineering problems, based upon comprehensive and thoughtful analysis of business goals, objectives, requirements and existing technologies.
- Processes, Standards & Best Practices
- Participate and provide input into the continual refinement of processes, policies and best practices to ensure optimal availability/stability, performance, security and supportability of technologies.
- Continuous Learning
- Continuously develop specialized knowledge and technical subject matter expertise by remaining apprised of industry trends, the direction of emerging technologies, and their potential value to the business.
- Monitor system resource availability, allocation, and utilization.
- Performance tuning, optimization, and troubleshooting.
- Support (24x7), develop and maintain written standards and policies, network diagrams, technology lifecycle from deployment to retirement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- 2+ years of experience and proven engineering expertise within subject matter domain.
- Strong analytical and customer service abilities required.
- Ability to communicate and articulate technical information across various organizational levels.
- Strong thought leadership abilities and a highly innovative problem solver
- High reasoning aptitude and ability to quickly understand a complex operating environment.
- Highly motivated, continual learner, and the ability to work independently as well as part of a project team.
- Solid analytical, problem solving and collaborative skills.
- BGP, SNMP, Sys logging, SSH
- Aruba wireless
- Palo Alto VPN
- Familiarity with any of the following: software defined networking (SDN),
- VMWare Hypervisor/ESX/NSX,
- 3rd party hosted and virtual (Azure, AWS, etc.) data center,
- CenturyLink DDoS, WAF and CDN,
- IPS/IDS (Palo Alto)
- Palo alto firewalls, Prisma Access,
- Clear pass or ISE,
- Network performance engineering
- Monitoring/alerting and event management, disaster recovery, inventory management, automation/orchestration using tools or scripting (NetMRI, Tufin, Ansible, Python).
- Experience with network technology in a colo/multi-cloud environment.
- Strong experience implementing SD-WAN technologies (We are implementing a full Merkai stack (not just wireless) replacing legacy HP)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org