We are looking for a Network Infrastructure Engineer to work near Charlotte, NC. The candidate will plan and manage installations, configuration and monitoring of network devices including switches, routers, firewalls, circuits, cellular technology and the servers and software used for monitoring. This is a permanent position with relocation assistance and excellent benefits!
- Define, deliver, and support strategic plans for implementing and managing network environments
- Work with team members on the installation, updating, and management of firewalls, switches, and routers
- Monitor and document WAN performance
- Perform risk management planning, risk identification and mitigation and track network performance
- Provide knowledge of the Cisco Security Management environment
- Closely work with vendors to design and implement new tech and create project plans to implement and support the environments
- Work with teams to provide seamless network infrastructure delivery and expertise on the resources required to support the applications within the network environment
- Research and introduce new standards, guidelines, technical capabilities, and work processes to continually improve infrastructure
- Ensure that projects conform to departmental standards for quality, security, recoverability, efficiency, and design
- Participate in change management, project implementation reviews, and security design reviews
- Implement training resources for the team
- Participate in developing infrastructure requirements and budgets
- A minimum of 6 years of network engineering and infrastructure experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Wide Area Network (WAN) implementation experience
- Experience installing, updating and managing firewalls, switches, and routers
- Ability to stay updated on new technology and make recommendations to improve the infrastructure.
*NO third parties