Provide expertise in areas of local area and wide area IP-based networks (LAN and WAN).
Provide advanced technical analyses of automation challenges and problems; develop/identify technical solutions responsive to the needs of the Command; ensure information exchange and prevent duplication of effort; recommend and provide procedures, policies, and technical solutions to HQ USCENTCOM C4 challenges.
Participate in the planning and execution of network installations and hardware upgrades and provide a technical point of contact for all matters related to the Contractor's C4 efforts.
Manages the network administration and support operations for a major Division or customer, including supervising assigned professional and support staff.
1. Manages the administration and support of complex local and wide area networks.
2. Supervises assigned staff, which may include subordinate supervisors, in support of company/customer's networked and stand-alone computer users and systems.
3. Directs staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems with information systems products and services.
4. Plans and implements software and/or systems upgrades and modifications.
5. Establishes and implements policies and procedures and ensures their conformance with information systems goals and company/customer objectives.
6. Studies and projects network support resource requirements, including personnel, software, equipment, and facilities and makes recommendations to management.
7. Directs the installation, testing, and setup of new hardware and software.
8. Recommends new hardware and software as needed.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Combatant Command experience required.
8-10 years of directly related experience supporting network operations.
Possess a CISCO Certified Network Professional (Route & Switch) certification. Demonstrated experience supervising network engineers and technicians in the operations and maintenance of DoD networks.
The Network Infrastructure Lead should be able to demonstrate experience with the following:
* Be CISCO Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE).
* Have extensive experience managing operational networks in a high-paced, diverse environment.
* Knowledge of network analysis tools (CISCO Network Configuration Manager, CISCO Network Analysis Modules).
* WAN troubleshooting/problem determination skills (Integrated Services Digital network (ISDN), Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM), Synchronous Optical Network (SONET)).
* LAN troubleshooting/problem determination skills (Ethernet, Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)).
* Knowledge of CISCO firewall/Virtual Private Network (VPN) equipment, Adaptive Security Appliance, NEXUS Data Center Architecture, CISCO Aggregation Service Routers (ASR), and Virtual Switching Systems (VSS).
* Knowledge of IP services (IP, Multicast, Quality of Service (QOS), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)).
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Department: Information Technology