Eclaro's customer is hiring a Netwokr Manager for their Chantilly Datacenter, in Chantilly, VA. The primary purpose of this job is to ensure the availability and performance of the voice and data networks on a 24x7x365 basis, and to be responsible for optimizing all aspects of the network/telecom eco-system, including performance, resiliency, availability, resource utilization, and automation.
Candidates must be local***
- Provide overall leadership and direction for the Network/Voice Operations team.
- Supervise personnel including work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluate performance and make recommendations for personnel actions; motivate employees to achieve peak productivity.
- Responsible for employee development, including hiring, cross training, retention and performance evaluations of staff.
- Manage maintenance to minimize production downtime and maximize network productivity.
- Ensure compliance with all established policies and procedures and participate in ongoing activities such as incident response and disaster recovery exercises.
- Monitor network utilization to ensure sufficient bandwidth, resources, and licensing are available to meet user demand.
- Plan upgrades/expansions by ensuring changes are in place and implemented as necessary.
- Manage queue to monitor and resolve tickets.
- Analyze data from multiple sources to identify trends to avert potential problems.
- Participate in audit activities by gathering evidence and meeting with auditors.
- Work with ISSO to plan and implement remedial actions to mitigate risks and address any deficiencies identified in the information security policies, procedures and practices.
- Work to improve procedures and documentation to strengthen the overall resiliency and quality of service provided by the IT infrastructure.
- Produce and maintain clear, concise, and accurate documentation.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electronics, computer technology, information systems, or a related field.
- 7-10 years of network and/or telecom management experience, preferably in an enterprise environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Drive to analyze complex problems and delivering solutions.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills with an ability to efficiently identify workarounds and root causes.
- Demonstrated strength in troubleshooting complex infrastructure incidents and problems with the initiative to seek answers independently.
- Demonstrated understanding of Network/VOIP concepts required.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Experience managing telco carrier vendors; Strong operational controls background.
This position will directly supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.