Working at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is about leading and winning the right way - for customers, for employees, and as a global citizen. We offer our global workforce the opportunities to:
•Experience what it means to win as a professional.
•Discover a mosaic of career opportunities in a culture of open doors and open minds.
•Connect with colleagues who are the best and brightest in their fields.
•Collaborate with purpose to develop products and deliver services that will change the world.
•Be part of a socially and environmentally responsible, multicultural organization.
We are committed to conducting business with the highest integrity, which means working to benefit each community in which we operate. HPE is committed to winning the right way.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals to join our team in a broad variety of positions supporting a customer at Offutt AFB. The contract will provide mission critical, integrated, operational support for the IT infrastructure essential to the current and evolving missions for the customer.
The Network Operations Lead supervises and manages the network operations section and is a master and recognized authority on relevant IT subject matter knowledge, including network systems, security technologies, theories, or techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Integrate multiple information systems in a networked environment, evaluate and resolve customer information system problems, effect required hardware upgrades and repair to maintain mission capability. Install and configure hubs, routers, switches, and various transmission media, server hardware and software, and ensure the proper installation and configuration of workstation hardware and software for efficient operation on the network. Install, optimize and troubleshoot Local Area and Base Area Networks. Familiar with Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and Network Address Translation (NAT).
• Responsible for delivering network operation and solutions that address the customer's problems, needs and opportunities.
• Establish and maintain a professional working relationship at multiple levels both internally and with the customer by understanding the customer's business context and their unique situation
• Collaborate with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs in order to facilitate the definition and development of the solution
• Supports customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies.
• Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
• Provides assistance and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations.
• Supervises personnel engaged in the operation and support of network facilities, including all communications equipment on various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations.
• Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
• Implement procedures to manage, maintain, and administer the network components, to meet operational, availability, and critical and non-critical mission requirements, based on industry best standards.
• Provide assistance in site surveys in order to provide engineering team correct materials, tools, bill of material estimates, etc. needed to complete projects.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline, a minimum of 8 - 12 years relevant industry experience
• Experience working with relevant network systems and networking principles
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
• Ability to interact with employees at all levels
• Possess network and security certifications (Security+, CISSP, CCNA, Network+, etc.)
• ITIL certification or equivalent
** The candidate hired for this position must be a US Citizen with an active top secret security clearance with eligibility for SCI and with Nuclear Command and Control (NC2) eligibility. - or - must be capable of maintaining/obtaining a TS/SCI clearance with Nuclear Command and Control (NC2) eligibility, by the end of the three month phase-in period of the contract**
Leads, supervises and manages the network operations section
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, influencing skills and ability to work effectively with a team
• Critical thinking skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively, ability to prepare a well-grounded, defensible argument
• Demonstrated technical leadership skills
• Ability to work in a complex ever changing environment with short turn around tasking internally and with the client
• Experience with Network systems and servers, networking systems integration (hardware, software, network, and database).
• Knowledgeable of network operations, network security, system operation and performance, and system effectiveness.
• Experience with network system tools
• Working understanding of: system engineering basics, MS Project.
• Experience in data, voice and video networks
• Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access-lists
• Experience working with internet, web, application and network security techniques