The Network Operations Analyst Consultant will be responsible for troubleshooting and diagnosing LAN/WAN software and hardware devices such as switches, routers, wireless, security and circuit connectivity in order to minimize technology services downtime.
Functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Respond to and resolve network L1/L2 support requests for the end users.
• Perform hardware and software system configuration, maintenance, upgrades and troubleshooting of network devices.
• Resolving network issues with advance troubleshooting and coordination with onsite support teams and vendors.
• Processing Network Change Management requests as per established change management policy.
• Strong knowledge and experience troubleshooting LAN/WAN networking, routing and interconnectivity issues such as EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and common topologies.
• Knowledge and experience with technology infrastructure monitoring and management tools such as Solarwinds suite.
• Assist with the remediation of vulnerability scan report issues.
• Assist in creating and maintaining network diagrams and documentation to make sure they are current.
• Perform network configuration modification and provide update to systems accordingly.
• Collaborate with teams to resolve all network related issues.
• Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Experience with Cisco wireless controller and access points.
• Proactively identifying and assist with developing solutions/resolutions to improve overall processes.
• Incident management covering and identifying actionable incidents using monitoring system.
• Bachelor Degree preferably in an IT related field
• Minimum 3 years IT experience providing network support, preferably in the financial services industry.
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies and processes.
• Certifications – CCNA, CCNP, Net+ or VOIP certs.
• Ability to work independently and execute projects with minimal direction; escalating issues as appropriate.
• Excellent organization skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Customer service and team oriented.
• Detail oriented; follow established policies and procedures.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Available to work various shifts between 7am - 7pm, including weekends.
• Be available to travel to alternate business sites as needed.
• Experience managing security devices such as Cisco ASA, Aruba ClearPass, Symantec BlueCoat Proxy, and Checkpoint.
• Experience with Cisco IP Phone system and BT Trading Turrets.
• Experience with OpsGenie alert management and JIRA ServiceDesk/ Confluence
• TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WAN, LAN, VoIP, WLAN, SNMP
• Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016