This will be a member of the Centralized Operations Center. This team is responsible for work order project management, both capital and expense for all class of plant project types - BP, CO, OP, TO, TR AND EX which supports BAU, CIAC, CAF, METRO E and other key initiatives, once the project is approved to preparing the project for the closing team. Project management includes updating Varasset with build statuses, ensuring milestones are correct, met and updated. Team is also responsible for management of both COE and CON COMP queues in M6 to ensure circuit order due dates are met.
High school diploma or GED required. College degree a plus or 3 years or more experience in Engineering, Construction, Operations or related department preferred
Strong project management and organizational skills
Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills
The ability to multi-task and have solid follow up system
Analytical and critical thinking skills
Knowledge Microsoft products, especially Excel
Able to work affectively with other teams
Knowledge of Varasset
Knowledge of COE Engineering and Installation
Knowledge of OSP Engineering and installation
Knowledge of Infinium
Knowledge of M6
Knowledge of VxField
TITLE: Asst, Network Operations
High Level Overview of Outside Plant (OSP) Scheduler Responsibilities
A. Work Orders/Projects
1. Work orders (projects) are issued to OPCEN from engineering
2. OPCEN reviews WO information to get the scope of the project, check if permits and major materials are needed (cable, poles, repeater housings, etc), and see what type of project it is and determine who is needed for it (ASR, FTTC, Pole, DOR, Roadmove, PDR, etc).
3. Check if cutsheets are needed for splicing projects. If so, request from facilities, then provide to construction once available.
4. Coordinate documents in Varasset on the Project in the Notes section that they have received the WO and give a brief description of what the plans are for it, and what is needed.
a. Document what cable is needed, if it is on order and has a PO already, or if stock cable will be used
b. Document if permits are needed or already available
c. Document if cutsheets are needed or are already available
d. Document who is doing the project or parts of the project (e.g. contractor placing, FTR construction splicing)
e. If ASR, provide ECD
f. Update estimated in-service dates, scheduled finish dates, COEI ready dates and target start and finish dates for all tasks that need to be assigned.
5. Utilize OPR for work order tracking and weekly/monthly update calls.
6. Update the Financial Project Status in Varasset throughout the life of the project and update comments at a minimum weekly so all business partners understand status of projects.
7. Be able to provide current status on any project when information is requested using the OPR report which pulls from Varasset where all information is updated
8. Once project work is complete, document in Varasset the project completion, providing information on who was involved with the project (company, contractors), if MTF's were filed or submitted, if project was splicing only or materials were charged (MTF's), update Ready for Service "RFS in Infinium.
9. Daily review of M6 CON_COMP queues and completion CON_COMP tasks for any associated circuit orders (ASR, MetroE, CIAC etc):
a. Timely and detailed updates in M6 notes using OPCEN Standard format
b. Apply correct Jeopardy code and provide follow-up date for resolution of roadblock
c. Populate OPCEN designated task labels with WO pertinent information
d. Completion information including cable/pair information for circuits, or fiber counts on fiber related circuits to be added to the M6 remarks section for the order when completing the task.
B. Support for Construction/Contractors
1. Work with crews to ensure they can meet deadlines and complete projects