Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.Current Opportunity
Perspecta is currently seeking a highly motivated Subject Matter Expert to fill a Key "Technical Manager" position. If you are a career orient IT professional with experience in, and a passion for, data network management and troubleshooting to support a highly visible government agency, here is the opportunity for you.
Supporting a Network Operations Center (NOC) operating on a 24/7/365 schedule, the Technical Manager provides overarching support the NOC Team collectively working to maintain Network stability ensuring that contract Performance Work Standards (PWS) are achieved, allowing our customer to meet its mission objectives.
Outages impacting this agency can have life and death implications and national press visibility. A commitment to the agencies mission is paramount. The working environment is dynamic, fast paced, often with conflicting priorities. The ability to adapt and adjust and proceed is key to success.Technical Manager, Network Operation Center (NOC)- Job Description
Provide oversite and guidance to team of technical professionals responsible for supporting Network infrastructure operations in coordination with the NOC Lead.
Provide support in the translation of business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements and orders:
QualificationsEducation and Experience Required
- Provide in-depth operational analysis of the Network and recommendations for IT alternatives in support of strategic modernization efforts.
- Responsible for the management of network performance and end-to-end service quality for the Network infrastructure (i.e. analysis of bandwidth reports; coordination with NOC Tools Team for improving performance, etc.).
- Reviews and analyzes overall end-to-end network performance in order to maintain an acceptable level of network quality of service as per business objectives, predefined network Key Performance Indicators, and established SLAs.
- Leads and participates in the assessment and selection of the network performance and management tools/systems for existing and new network technologies and services.
- Provides support to end users, operations personnel, and government program managers (i.e. Technical Subject-Matter Expert).
- Monitors and responds to hardware, software and network problems.
- Provides the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities.
- Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network.
- Oversee Software and Security Patching.
- Provide technical advice for projects as they are rolled-out (i.e. VLAN, data migrations, patching).
- Coordinate with the NOC Lead to acquire resources for completion of projects.
- Provide inputs on project status to Business Analyst for status reporting.
- Ensures responsibilities are assigned to a Back-up Resource to cover planned or unplanned absences in coordination with the Program Manager.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 4 years of related experience -OR- a Master's degree and 2 year of experience.
- 5+ years' experience working in NOC environment.
- Routing and switching/Firewall (FW)/load balancing;
- Working understanding of the OSi model Layers 1-3;
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and the functions of NW technologies.
- Working understanding of NW security devices, IPsec VPNs, TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, VRF, VLANS, Bandwidth Utilization, and Load Balancers;
- Candidate must be capable to setup tools and capture, mine and interpret data from Wireshark, Syslog, Netscout, and SteelCentral to maintain and restore overall network health;
- U.S. Citizenship required;
- Ability to obtain a government Public Trust which includes an immediate criminal history and credit check.
- Ready and willing for on-call availability to support critical events.
Candidate must have demonstrable experience in four or more of the following areas:
Preferred Qualifications (Certifications)
- Troubleshooting, upgrading, and implementing Cisco Switches and Routers;
- Troubleshooting, upgrading, and implementing Cisco ASA Firewalls;
- Troubleshooting, upgrading, and implementing F5 Load Balancer devices;
- Troubleshooting and writing FW rules, NATs, and IPsec communications;
- Managing, auditing and deploying Network device configurations via HPNA;
- Use of Remedy ticketing tools in a NOC environment;
- Candidate must demonstrate understanding of Incident, Change, Problem and Request management practices.
OptionsApply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer
- Cisco Routing and Switching - CCNA Routing and Switching, CCNP Routing and Switching, CCIE
- F5 - CA, F5-CTS
- Riverbed - RCSA, RCSP
- Cisco ASA Firewall - CCNA Security, CCNP Security
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeedAs a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)