Select Medical is seeking highly motivated individuals focused on exceptional customer service to work within an innovative, fast-paced work environment where an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged.
If you answered yes to all of these questions, we want you!!!
- Do you pride yourself in delivering superior quality in all that you do?
- Do you treat others as they would like to be treated?
- Are you results-oriented and a team player?
- Do you take pride in finding resourceful ways of overcoming obstacles?
Select Medical is looking for a proactive, results-oriented Network Engineer / Senior Network Engineer to manage the day-to-day support of our network infrastructure in Select Medical's hospitals, clinics, and administrative locations across the country. Our network operations teams support the network connections to 1,800+ locations as well as the wired and wireless networks within those locations. Responsibilities:
The Network Engineer is responsible for delivering quality customer service while providing company-wide technical and resource services in the installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and diagnosis of network client and server computer hardware, peripheral equipment, and software. Network Engineer are responsible for the 24 x 7 support of Select's network. Support includes investigating problems, determining the root cause and implementing solutions. The impact of these problems span a range from a single application or location to company-wide. Network Engineer must understand multiple technologies including deep understanding of wireless networks, routing protocols, wide area network accelerations; be able to work with and coordinate multiple internal groups and external vendors; and be able to resolve most problems with little direct supervision. This position must maintain coordination and communication with other IS teams in support of the locations and their associated projects. This position reports to the Manager - Network Operations. Responsibilities
- Be able to diagnose, investigate, and troubleshoot problems reported to the network infrastructure team and determine the root cause of the problem.
- Respond in a timely manner to assigned items (Incidents, Tasks, and Problems) related but not limited to computer hardware, software, and network connectivity. Ensure that all items are updated with current status regularly.
- Ensures resolution to all network and circuit related issues escalated to them in a timely and efficient manner and in accordance with the Information Services service level agreements.
- Implement and troubleshoot Cisco wired and wireless networks.
- Communicate status about problems and their resolution to other IT groups, clinic cost center managers, hospital CEOs, or other key staff at the sites.
- Works directly with field IS support staff stationed in many remote locations.
- Assists other groups in diagnosing problems with applications using network logging and monitoring tools.
- Set up training sessions with Help Desk, End User Support and Operations staff to improve customer satisfaction and first call resolution.
- Monitors and reports on any security violations related to the unwarranted access to corporate data.
- Adheres to corporate Change Control procedures.
- Supports the mission and direction of Select Medical Information Services.
- BS or BA degree in Business Systems, Computer Science or Information Systems or other equivalent education or experience.
- 5 or more years' of experience managing wired and wireless networks including Cisco IOS in a multi-site organization, MPLS and routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP or OSPF, Cisco DMVPN over broadband or equivalent site-to-site VPN technology. SD-WAN experience and WAN optimization technology are a plus.
- CCNA certification required (or must be obtained within 1 year of start date)
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills a must.
- Strong dedication to quality customer service.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing business priorities.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Excellent time management, documentation, and organizational skills.
- Prior healthcare environment experience is preferred.
Select Medical is a leading provider of specialized health care in both inpatient and outpatient settings, treating more than 78,000 patients in a typical day. Ranging from some of the most critically ill individuals in our nation's healthcare system to some of the most fit athletes, our patients benefit from the combined knowledge and expertise of over 48,000 employees. No matter what the setting, our people are dedicated to providing an exceptional patient experience.
Select Medical is an EOE.