Position: Ops lead
Location: San Francisco, CA
As an Ops lead/manager for, you will focus on;
- Come up with tasks that keep our network healthy.
- Suggests and implement solutions to improve the network.
- Hands on troubleshooting and configuration of network devices.
- Ensure accountability for tasks assigned to engineers.
- Work on resolving Jira Kanban requests and Service-Now incidents.
- Monitor the ticket in the project queue and record progress
- Work with tier2 on run book adjustment and training
- Monitor the alerts generated by the Network monitoring tools and ensure that the team is proactively attending to them.
- Evaluate the alerts and tickets and assign them to internal team resources or redirect to the relevant departments.
- Manage and administer of tools, including Nagios, Solar Winds, Intermapper, etc…
- Troubleshoot issues using Splunk
Reporting to the Director of Network, your role will be mostly operations which may include network security operations. In addition, you will:
- Work with other departments to help redirect and hand-off tickets that are non-network issue.
- Manage 3+ Network Engineers at off-shore NOC
- Identify, evaluate and implement enhancements of tools, including but not limited to Infoblox, Firemon, Solarwinds, Intermapper.
- Ensure that Post Review for Incident tickets are completed for Manager review and the updates to both Planned and unplanned work is documented, updated and are consistent with the organization's incident management guidelines
- Escalation tickets from the Tier 1 & 2 Support Team for incidents and requests
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to Tier 3 engineers supporting the LAN, WAN and WLAN network
- Perform housekeeping and maintenance of the monitoring tool to ensure all devices are accounted for and alerts are setup correctly and with thresholds as per company policy.
- Proactively identify, isolate and resolve network issues
- Manage on-call rotation
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 7+ years of experience with networking and security technologies
- Experience troubleshooting complex issues with with Palo Alto Network Firewalls
- Experience troubleshooting application issues
- 9+ years of overall Information Technology experience
- Experience in WAN environments, installing and troubleshooting circuit problems (MPLS, OCxx, T1, DS3) and traffic shaping/QoS
- Familiarity with Layer 3 routing (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP) and Layer 4-8 troubleshooting Good networking knowledge in Layer 2 technologies (Spanning Tree, VTP, 802.1Q, Dynamic/Private Vlans)
- Hands on experience with diagnostic networking tools (i.e. reading a packet capture)
- Hands on experience of enterprise monitoring applications (Splunk, Solarwinds, Netprofiler)
- Flexibility in work schedule, off-hours for troubleshooting and 7 by 24 on-call support
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
- Must be results orientated, self-motivated and high-energy
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related field or equivalent experience
- Retail environment support extremely helpful
- Technical writing experience
- Strong understanding of network security concepts, technologies and trends
- Experience in WLAN design, implementation and security
If interested, please send resumes to Manisha at firstname.lastname@example.org / 925 786 6688