Apex Systems is currently seeking candidates for multiple Network Reporting/Performance Analyst
openings in the Greater St. Louis/Southern IL area
If interested please send resumes to Aaron Smith at Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret DoD security clearance and an active Security+ or equivalent IAT Level II CertificationNetwork Reporting/Performance AnalystNetwork Performance Analyst Job Description:
Opening for a Network Performance Analyst. Our customer is located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
Details of the Role:
The team member will provide support to the Enterprise Data Management as a member of the Analytics team.
The Network Performance Analyst provides technical support to a team of Network Analysts. The Analyst will be responsible for collection, analysis, trending, proactive remediation measures to ensure continued operability and efficiency of the DISN.
- Develops preventative measures, alarms, and dashboard capabilities based on historical data trends and identified root causes and signatures
- Develop processing techniques to integrate large data sets and develop corresponding reports
- Trend network data and develop event correlation procedures to identify recurring issues
- Actively monitor, track, analyze, and report availability and reliability performance data and statistics on circuits and/or network elements that fails to meet defined service levels
- Perform examination of trouble tickets to identify positive and negative trends occurring in the network and develop courses of actions.
- Correlate large diverse data sets including tickets, alarms, probes, and other performance data to identify trends and relations.
- Performs fault isolation and degradation diagnostic/assessment functions to include route cause determination and suggestion of corrective action(s) on trending basis.
- Performs proactive monitoring of network elements metrics and alarms to identify those components /elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure, accomplishes this through use of network management system(s) and associated monitoring tools.
- Coordinate with other contractor and government entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
Education and Experience Required:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree(or equivalent experienced) and 2+ years of relevant experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Basic knowledge of IT networks, to include network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls)
- Basic technical understanding of network services and architecture
- Experience with Splunk, CA Performance Management, CA eHealth
- Experience with Cisco MSPP 15454/15310, Ciena Corestream and 6500, Sycamore ODXC 9k and 16k transport systems and IP (CISCO, JUNIPER, etc).
- Understanding of DISN network operations
- Knowledgeable on ports and protocols.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security
- Strong written and verbal communications and collaboration skills
- Additional Desired Qualifications
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (Remedy, ServiceNow)
- Ability to innovate
- IPSEC configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or