NSA is in search of top-notch cyber professionals with technical expertise and driving desire at the forefront of their field. We have positions in penetration testing, defensive operations, identifying cyber threats and vulnerabilities and building defensive capabilities, designing, developing, deploying, sustaining and monitoring state-of-the-art network solutions (WAN, CAN, LAN, DCN and Satellite communications networks) that are deployed across NSA worldwide. Help protect national security interests as part of the world's most advanced team of cyber professionals!
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
How To Apply - External
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from
FOR CURRENT OR PRIOR MILITARY, IF YOU ARE MEETING THE DEGREE REQUIREMENTS WITH TRAINING IN THE MILITARY AS MENTIONED IN THE MANDATORY QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS SECTION, PLEASE ATTACH A COPY OF YOUR JOINT SERVICE TRANSCRIPTS (JST).
***PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Additionally, the Federal Government requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated at the time of employment, subject to exceptions as required by law.
Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
Please Note: Job Posting could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants or position no longer available. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
On-the job training, Internal NSA courses, and external training will be made available based on the need and experience of the selectee.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, with basic 8hr/day work requirements between 0600 to 1800 (flexible). Some positions may require shift work or being on call.
The ideal candidate is someone with excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills who is/can:
- work effectively in diverse environments
- handle multiple assignments
The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to sensitive classified national security information.
The National Security Agency is a leader in deploying high-caliber solutions, continually moving forward and contributing to industry leading technologies. We are looking for results driven individuals that strive for excellence, enjoy the challenges of a fast paced environment and the desire to make a difference. We are looking for talented networking professionals to design, develop, deploy, sustain and monitor state-of-the-art network solutions (WAN, CAN, LAN, DCN and Satellite communications networks) that are deployed across NSA worldwide.
We are hiring entry to expert networking professionals with education and/or experience in several of the following areas:
- Multi-vendor infrastructure platforms (i.e., Cisco, Brocade, Juniper, Arista)
- Network encryption devices and WAN accelerators
- Multi-vendor Layer 3 routing protocols (i.e., BGP, OSFP, EIGRP, IGRP, HSRP, VRRP)
- Virtual Private Networking (i.e., MPLS, GRE, L2VPN, EVPN, Pseudowire, IPsec, MACSEC)
- Data center architectures and converged networks
- Current networking trends, including commercial implementations of Software Defined Networks (SDN) for both Data Center Network and WAN applications
- Load balancing and Application Delivery Controller technologies and implementations
- WAN architectures (i.e., Carrier Ethernet, Optical Fabrics (OTN), SONET)
- Network monitoring tools (i.e., NetFlow Tracker, HP Network Node Manager, Cisco LMS, Cisco Call Manager, Wireshark, and Splunk)
- Network Modeling (RiverBed/OPNet, NetSim)
- Network Boundary (Next Generation Firewalls (Palo Alto, Cisco FIREPOWER), IPSEC/SSL VPN Concentrators)
- Cross Domain Solutions (SafeNet MDeX System, OWL Cyber Defense Cross Domain Solutions)
- Technical certifications (e.g., CCNA, CCNP, SEC+)
Network Professionals are hired into positions directly supporting a technical mission office or one of the different development programs like the Information Technology Development Program (ITDP). This program is a three-year full-time development program. The goal of the program is to provide entry-level information technology specialists (that is, individuals with degrees in computer science, information systems, information technology, and related degrees and experience) the opportunity to learn the various facets of the mission. These facets include:
- Development, engineering and deployment of NSA mission systems
- Architecture, development, building, and maintenance of NSA's fault-tolerant world-wide information technology infrastructure
- High-performance computing system development for cryptanalytic mission applications
- Human resources, financial, and other business data warehouse storage and access
- Information system security, engineering, testing, and evaluation