AVA Consulting is seeking a Network Security Engineer - III
Location: Cary, NC
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Security Service Advisor
Overview: The primary goal of the Security Service Advisor (SSA) is to develop and maintain the client relationship, ensure client satisfaction with the service delivery of security solutions, operations, quality & assurance. You will also be responsible for aggregating data, analyzing unusual and interesting patterns, and providing decision analysis back to the client resulting in Enterprise Solutions expansion and renewal of security service agreements.
- Provide support delivering a consultative approach by performing continuous incident analysis, service analysis, gap analysis using defined tools and techniques to assist clients in making necessary decisions to improve overall security program
- Understands how to quantify risk using threat likelihood, implementation state, and business impact variables
- Understands how to prioritize remediation efforts based on business need, compliance need, and/or risk reduction need Security Service Management:
- The Security Service Advisor (SSA) ensures that the service is delivered as described in the Service Description (SD) and Service Level Agreement (SLA) per contract. S/he is the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) and advocate for the customer. The SSA provides recommendations to Product Management and Development teams for service improvements.
- Serve as client's primary point of contact and advisor within Telecommunication Managed Security Services and escalated service issues
Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in the Information Technology, Information Assurance, or related fields preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years in the Information Security field in a client-facing security services advisor, security analyst, security engineer
- Must have background, experience, and understanding of networking and network security technologies such as Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Proxies, Content Filtering, Application security, SIEM and Log, monitoring/management, Vulnerability Management, Risk and Compliance
- Previous experience in an operations, engineering or other technical role within networking, network security, IT and/or telecommunications field, particularly in a client facing role
- Ability to analyze log data, threat data, and threat intelligence information, interpret, and communicate derived meaning to client with recommendations for risk mitigation strategies
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues to various levels of personnel, including analysts, engineers, management and "C” level executives
- Strong analytical skills, technical writing skills, communication skills, crisis management skills
- Understands ITIL, service management and quality management practices
- Network Security certifications (CISSP, C|EH, Security+, SANS, ISACA, Vendor Certificates) preferred
- Project Management training/certification preferred
- Quality Management (ITIL, Six Sigma, TQM, etc.) training/certification preferred
NOTE: - Interested Candidates can apply by sending their Updated Resume and Contact Details.