Zions Bancorporation is one of the nation's premier financial services companies, consisting of a collection of great banks with combined total assets exceeding $70 billion. Zions operates banking divisions under local management teams and community identities in 11 states. Zions is included in the S&P 500 and NASDAQ Financial 100 indices
We are currently seeking a Network Security Engineer to join our Technology Reliability Engineering & Operations (TREO) group to play a key role helping defend the enterprise from malicious actors, while proactively looking for other risk areas to help mitigate. The work done has real impact enterprise-wide, and it is truly valued throughout the organization.
As a Network Security Engineer, you will focus on planning, designing, optimizing, auditing, and troubleshooting Zions Perimeter Security with an emphasis on Firewall infrastructure and vulnerability management. You will improve efficiencies while improving the protection of our domains from current and future threats, vulnerabilities, and attacks.
The ideal candidate will have the experience and skills necessary to:
- Planning, engineering, and monitoring the security arrangements for Zions Firewall infrastructure and other systems.
- Identifying, monitoring, and defining the requirements of the overall security of the Perimeter and Firewall systems.
- Ensuring Firewall infrastructure can withstand any type of mishaps such as hacker attacks and natural disasters.
- Responsible for the operations and engineering of four key security controls, firewall ruleset management and troubleshooting.
- Creating different ways to solve the existing threats and security issues.
- Testing and checking the Firewalls and Perimeter systems for weaknesses in software and hardware.
- Configuring and installing Firewall security infrastructure devices.
- Determining latest technologies and processes that improve the overall security of the Firewall systems.
- Using industry-standard analysis criteria to test the security level.
- Developing tracking documents to note Perimeter Security system vulnerabilities.
- Reporting the security analysis and monitoring findings.
- Works closely with cross functional teams from internal departments.
- Supports an on-call rotation.
- Responsible for first-level support during end-user testing.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve issues.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field and 2+ years' experience with Security products related to Perimeter Security, Symantec Web Proxy, Firewalls (Check Point, Palo Alto preferred and/or Fortinet, Cisco).
- A combination of education and experience may meet requirements.
- Professional security certifications preferred
- Banking industry knowledge preferred
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of Perimeter Security and firewall technologies including common protocols and associated ports, IP subnetting, routing and Remote access VPN technologies.
- Technical familiarity with networking concepts, architectures, and tools, including network traffic analysis, proxies, functionality of network switches, load balancers, routers and firewalls required
- Sound understanding of computer operating system functions and scripting languages.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan + generous company matching
- Competitive compensation commensurate with work experience (some roles include incentives, mileage + travel time pay, and/or parking waivers.
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Federal Holidays, Sick)
- Tuition Reimbursement for qualifying employees
- Promotional opportunities offered from within
- Zions Bancorporation (ZION) is listed on the S&P 500 & NASDAQ Financial 100 indices
Zion's Enterprise Technology Operations provides opportunities for you to own your career growth through Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Women in Technology, and Workforce of the Future initiatives that allow you to network across the organization, volunteer in our community, and build your technical and soft skills. Together we are building a culture that values diversity and creates a space of belonging for all our team members. We believe that investing in your success is an investment in our customers and our business. Our people are what sets us apart and make us great.
Pay range (depending on experience): $90,000 - $120,000 plus incentive plan