Role: Network Security Engineer
Location: Herndon, VA
Job type: FTE/Permanent
This role is accountable for the development and deployment of technology, procedures and policies to secure infrastructure and member data. This is a hands-on position deploying, configuring, and monitoring network edge equipment including routers and firewalls, implementing detection capabilities, identifying, and mitigating vulnerabilities, responding to potential threats and resolving security issues by gathering and analyzing event data and conducting root-cause analysis.
The successful candidate will have deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in network and information security including infrastructure security, application security, security operations, and incident response.
- Works in close collaboration with network engineers, dev ops engineers, stakeholders, and end users to develop IT security programs and recommend necessary changes to ensure the company’s systems are secure.
- Proactively identify security flaws and vulnerabilities, quickly assessing the potential risk, driving the right architecture decisions across many different teams to harden infrastructure, while educating the broader team.
- Facilitate cyber audits, table-top exercises, testing and remediation of internal IT systems.
- Stays abreast of the security industry threat landscape and provides periodic training to company staff on information security topics.
- Works to foster two-way communication, teamwork and learning.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information assurance, IT or related field, or equivalent
- CISSP, CCNP, Security+, or similar technical security certification or training preferred
- Minimum of 7 years related experience required
- Highly technical and analytical expertise, with a proven deep background in technology design, implementation, and delivery using Cisco, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Juniper, or similar technology
- Experience in cloud computing technologies, including Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- Experience managing Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems, intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS) IDS/IPS, identity and access management (IAM) systems, and other network and system monitoring tools
- Excellence in communicating business risk from cybersecurity issues
- Familiarity with privacy and data protection laws
- Familiarity with NIST and CMMC frameworks
E-Business International Inc.