Kforce has a client in search of a Network Security Engineer in Houston, TX.
* Under general direction, manages the purchase, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/WAN systems
* Deep understanding of load-balancing concepts and implementation on a networkable appliance
* Develops configuration standards across network equipment in order to ensure integrity of the systems and service
* Setting up, testing, and maintaining a high-availability (HA) firewall configuration
* Maintains information technology inventory records of wide-area and local-area network hardware and software as well as coordination of repairs and quality control tests
* Assist in the design and architecture of the security stack
* Troubleshoot, grant permissions to applications, and assist in training less experienced administrators
* Perform system updates, make recommendations on server configurations, and implement changes in multiple environments
* Familiarity with security hardening concepts; Reporting/remediation and experience writing POAMs
* Experience developing and interpreting detailed installation instructions and supporting documentation to effect system design deployments
* Provide technical expertise in the areas of system design, installation, configuration, tuning, capacity planning, troubleshooting and problem resolution
* Participate as necessary in the validation matrix role to independently test and validate solutions to ensure fulfillment of all business requirements, compliance of regulations, and quality of solutions
* Palo Alto
* Rule review
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.