At Nuspire our mission is simple – protect your network with best-in-class managed detection and response, allowing you to stay focused on managing your business. We’ve been protecting organizations from cyber-attacks for 20 years and pioneered distributed, managed security within the enterprise and franchise market. Our team understands the complex challenges that businesses like yours face, which is why we’re committed to delivering simple, end-to-end managed and monitored security services across our customers’ entire infrastructure.
The Network Security Engineer within our Security Design & Integration team will work closely with internal teams and clients in a high-profile operations delivery role, providing high-level and mission critical services to existing Managed Security Service clients.
- Serve as a primary responder for Managed Security customer systems, taking ownership of client configuration and break-fix issues and tracking through resolution.
- Act as a point of escalation for other Engineers (Associate Engineer) and provide guidance and mentoring.
- Advise best practice on SOC tools deployment and Enterprise Security products to both technical and relatively non-technical personnel.
- Maintain secure configurations on all internal and client managed platforms.
- Provide remote consulting services via interactive client sessions to assist with implementation of multiple product vendors and technologies.
- Implement and configure leading edge security software and appliance-based products in complex client environments.
- Provide escalation support to Tier 1 and 2 for Authorized Support Customers, following processes and interacting appropriately with both customers and partners when required.
- Perform knowledge transfers to clients regarding security and system configuration awareness.
- 2-3 years professional experience maintaining industry leading security technologies or infrastructure systems in complex technical IT operations environment.
- Understanding of network architecture and implementation is a must; ideal candidate will have worked with complex network and host security tools.
- Excellent time management, reporting, and communication skills.
- Superior IT problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with Internal and client Ticketing and Knowledge Base Systems for Incident and Problem tracking as well as procedures. (i.e. Jira, Confluence, etc.).
- General security knowledge (GIAC, CISSP, CCSE, CISA, HBSS, NSA, CEH, Cisco Security, Security +, or other security certifications).
- Experience with multiple SOC tools. ArcSight, Proofpoint, Nagios Qualys, Cylance, ForeScout or other correlation platforms preferred.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- An understanding of a wide array of server grade applications such as: DBMS, Exchange, DNS, SMTP, IIS, Apache, SharePoint, Active Directory, Identity Management, Patch Management, LDAP, SQL, and others.
- Training and experience in one or more non-SIEM network security products to include: Enterprise endpoint security products, Network components such as Firewalls and Proxies to include Palo Alto / Checkpoint / Juniper / McAfee / Cisco / Blue Coat / Imperva or other similar network security products.
- Professional experience working with networks and network architecture.
- Ability to work long hours in a mission critical environment with occasionally stressful situations.
- Familiarity with DevOps.
- College degree or equivalent training with experience working in a Security Operations Center, Managed Security Engineering team, or enterprise client environment.
- CCNA, CCDA, CCSA, CCIE, CISSP, CEH, or MCSE.
- Great experience and growth with a global leader in network security
- Locations in: Commerce Twp., MI – Walled Lake, MI – Cincinnati, OH – Centennial, CO
- Nuspire provides a top work environment, as recognized by Crains Detroit, Golden Bridge "Best and Brightest," Corp! Magazine and The Detroit News.
- Full benefits including but limited to: 6 different Blue Cross Medical HMO and PPO Options, Mutual of Omaha Dental, Vision, Short-term and Long-term disability, Life Insurance, 401k and Monthly PTO accrual from your first day of employment, along with many opportunities to earn additional PTO through monthly employee awards and participation in ‘Nuspire Good Time’ Events.
- ‘Nuspire Good Time’ events 2x per month to build team cohesion.
- Nuspire is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Awards & Recognition
- Gartner Inc. included Nuspire in “2010 & 2011 Magic Quadrant for MSSPs, North America”
- Selected as a “Top Workplaces” winner in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2015
- INC Magazine “One of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies”
- Nuspire was highlighted as a "Michigan's key IT story” in 2009 and 2010 in its 'Upper Hand' commercials featuring Jeff Daniels.
- TMCnet.com Tech Culture Award, 2016
- Crain’s Detroit Business Best as a “Coolest Places to Work” winner 2008
- Corp! Magazine’s ‘Economic Bright Spot’ winner, 2017
- Best & Brightest Places to Work in Metro Detroit Winner 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Best & Brightest Places to Work National Winner 2011, 2017, 2018