Large entertainment studio in Burbank, CA is looking for a Network Security Engineer to coordinate with Information and Content Security as well as business units within the organization to manage and administer the updating of rules and signatures (e.g., intrusion detection/protection systems, antivirus, and content blacklists) for specialized cyber defense applications.
- Coordinate with Information and Content Security as well as business units within the organization to manage and administer the updating of rules and signatures (e.g., intrusion detection/protection systems, antivirus, and content blacklists) for specialized cyber defense applications.
- Perform system administration on specialized cyber defense applications and systems (e.g., antivirus, audit and remediation) or Virtual Private Network (VPN) devices, to include installation, configuration, maintenance, backup, and restoration.
- Assist in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the protection of critical cyber defense infrastructure and key resources.
- Build, install, configure, and test dedicated cyber defense software and hardware.
- Administer test bed(s), and test and evaluate applications (and associated infrastructure), rules/signatures, access controls, and configurations of platforms managed by service providers.
- Identify potential conflicts with implementation of any cyber defense tools (e.g., tool and signature testing and optimization).
- Propose and implement information security strategies and solutions in support of Studio initiatives
- Participate in projects, planning, controlling, executing and closing assigned projects to produce required deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline preferred
- One Security certification is required (GSEC, GISF, GPEN, GCIH, GCIA or equivalent)
- CISSP or equivalent preferred
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Information Security
- Minimum four (4) years of experience with application development
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies
- Knowledge of application development processes
- Knowledge of risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk)
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity and privacy
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses