***We are unable to provide sponsorship for this permanent full-time role***
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Network Security Engineer with prefeably some Palo Alto and scripting experience. Candidate will ensure and assist with the proper support and lifecycle of solutions that support information security including firewalls, vulnerabilities, intrusion detection and prevention systems, proxy servers, and other security solutions. They will identify and evaluate and implement technical security controls to continuously improve the organization's security posture.
· Reviews and evaluates business technology needs, security, and systems requirements to decide on best course of action; develops specifications and performs development, integration, and programming activities for moderately-complex to complex cybersecurity applications, systems, and solutions
· Researches and evaluates potential threats to assess risk and prioritize actions; develops testing plans and scripts to identify vulnerabilities and develop countermeasures
· Conducts code, systems, and process reviews to identify areas of potential vulnerability and communicate to business and technical leaders; develops diagnostics, tools, and patches to assess and mitigate intrusions and attacks
· Provides technical leadership and mentoring for less experienced team members on assigned projects
· College Degree or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years work experience in security or risk management, networking, or related technology based role.
· Moderate knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, Network layers, Ethernet, ARP, etc.)
· Unix administration and application support in a Unix environment experience required.
· Moderate experience with scripting (PYTHON preferred)
· Strong Firewall experience : i.e. Palo Alto, CheckPoint, Juniper
· Certifications in area of specialty a plus. Examples include: CISSP, CSSLP, CISA, CISM, GIAC certs, CFE, CNP, CEH, etc…
· Experience troubleshooting web traffic protocols and decryption
· Experience with Cisco IOS. Ability to locate a host on the network for incidents or troubleshooting
200 East 5th Ave., Suite 116 Naperville, IL, 60563Contact