Charlotte, NC Description: Our client is currently seeking a Network Security Engineer Full-Time / Permanent position
The Network Security Engineer leads and oversees and reviews the creation of programs to assess current and emerging threats and the implementation and management of processes and technologies capable of averting, detecting, investigating, and/or eliminating those threats. Individuals at this level are recognized as experts by their peers and are expected to mentor and guide junior team members.This job will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Oversee the research evaluation, design, implementation, configuration, documentation, and operations of complex technologies and processes designed to protect Allstate from current and/or emerging threats.
- Influence and provide authoritative advice to Architects for any activities that impact technologies and or processes associated with current or new security controls.
- Define strategies to conduct risk analysis and/or risk assessment both inside and outside the company (including physical threats, internet attacks, malicious code attacks, national security issues and compliance with regulations) and provide recommendations and/or mitigation strategies to management.
- Oversee the creation and distribution of communications for all levels of leadership on current and/or emerging threats, along with action plans to drive remediation.
- Oversees support and planning for technologies implemented to detect, avert, investigate, and/or eliminate threats to the security of the their environment.
- Directs the review and resolution of security incidents that impact the confidentiality, integrity, or availability of their systems.
- Oversee the evaluations, design, implementation, configuration, documentation, and operations of technologies and processes designed to ensure compliance of the Allstate environment with Federal, State, and/or Company policies/regulations.
- Directs efforts to analyze business impact and exposure based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks.
- Review, recommend, and approve major and significant changes for supported technologies and processes.
- Direct forensic activities, including HR driven investigations, Corporate Security directed activities, legal driven ediscovery, and digital review / evidence collection for compromised systems.
- Direct the analysis effort to isolate, describe and resolve both real and potential threats that affect their assets.
- Oversees e-discovery and forensic activities, ensuring appropriate strategies, intake methods, and partnerships with technology, legal, HR, and Corporate Security.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of related experience,
- Knowledge of Linux Server or Redhat
- Experience with two or more of these: Palo Alto, CheckPoint, Juniper
Scripting: Python, Bash, PerlContact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com