Publix Super Markets, Inc. is the largest privately-owned food retailer in the nation with more than 1,200 stores and more than 200,000 associates throughout the Southeast. We are associate-owned, proud of our family atmosphere, and consistently named as one of the best companies to work for in America. We are largely debt-free and renowned for our financial performance as well as our premier customer service. Publix s Information Services (I/S) department is located in Lakeland, Florida and Alpharetta, Georgia and employs over 1000 associates. I/S provides the information technology required for all Publix business units including retail stores and all office and warehouse environments. The Publix I/S mission is to maximize the value of information technology to Publix associates and customers.
- provide technical support/engineering for network/cloud firewalls, network/cloud Intrusion detection/prevention systems, virtual private networks, and web security gateways,
- plan and manage project efforts to define, implement, upgrade, enhance, and maintain network security engineering systems,
- develop and document standards, processes, and procedures to enhance engineering activities and planning to ensure success in meeting security and compliance requirements,
- anticipate and identify issues that conflict with security and compliance requirements; work with system owners, architects, and auditors to define and execute action plans to address root causes,
- foster and maintain working relationships with internal customers to provide technical solutions to business problems
- serve as a hands-on technical expert working directly with delivery teams to provide guidance on security software and problem resolution.
- must have a bachelor s degree in management information systems, computer science, or equivalent analytical discipline, or equivalent experience,
- must have at least 2 years of experience providing technical support/engineering of security systems such as network/cloud firewalls, network/cloud intrusion detection/prevention systems, virtual private networks, and web security gateways,
- experience with large enterprise networks,
- excellent understanding of platform and network security technologies,
- experience with compliance and regulatory security requirements (SOX, PCI, HIPAA),
- experience with personnel management,
- in-depth understanding of System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies,
- solid understanding of the functional and operational practices necessary to operate in a highly available, highly secure, and highly regulated environment to meet business and compliance requirements
Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- advanced degree in computer science or equivalent analytical discipline, or equivalent experience,
- 5 years of security engineering experience with a concentration in network security technologies,
- experience with cloud/private cloud container, micro-segmentation, and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) security technologies,
- 2 years of experience with Publix and,
- multiple security and engineering certifications.
An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
401(k) retirement savings plan
Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
Group dental plan
Group vision plan
Long-term disability insurance
Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
Paycheck direct deposit
Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager s approval: New Year s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).