Our client is currently seeking a Network Solution Architect
This is contract position in Dallas, Texas
* Responsible for portfolio high level designs and architecture including designing architecture back to the ERA.
* Responsible for developing and executing against solution strategies and business plans that support business expansion.
* Focuses on integrating various parts of a solution into one cohesive network that solves a larger technical problem(s).
* Oversees complex technical lifecycles from inception, requirements analysis, design, to fluid implementation phases.
* Owns getting buy in and consensus on approach / owns concept diagrams and from Infrastructure and software Teams.
* Ability to negotiate approach/scope of projects and vendor contracts.
* Coordinates tasks and objectives with internal and external resources.
* Accountable for detailed solution designed developed by Tech Leads.
* Ensures use of repositories for deliverables, methodologies, and business development documents .
* Consulted on Business area roadmap and responsible for aligning application/technology roadmap to address business needs.
* Responsible for Enterprise Architecture compliance at the portfolio architecture level.
* Tracks and manages component interdependencies.
* Consulted for input on T-shirt sizing of initiatives.
* Identify holes in enterprise / portfolio architecture / Stacks and works through portfolio architect to resolve.
* Mentors / Coaching Tech Leads.
* Provides friendly service to and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external Customers.
* Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company.
* Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent formal training; required.
* Prefer advanced certifications such as Cisco CCIE on Cisco, Palo Alto or F5 similar.
* 5 -8 years of work experience in multiple technology disciplines; required.
* 8+ years of Data Network Engineering experience including large data center deployments
* 8+ years of Data Network Engineering routing and switching experience with BGP, OSPF, and other routing protocols.
* 5 -8 years of work experience troubleshooting and managing large enterprise data networks.
* 3+ years of Data Network software define networking expertise and capability.
* 3+ years of Data Network Engineering expertise in wide area network tuning and performance networking with technologies
* 3+ years of Data Network Engineering dealing with application integration into the data network including database, middleware, web and messaging.
* 3+ years of Data Network Engineering dealing with disaster recovery planning for data networking.
* 3+ years of Data Network Engineering expertise in FCAPS or similar model for data network monitoring and operations.
* 3+ years of Data Network Engineering expertise in advanced monitoring including baselining, anomaly detection and analytics reporting.
* Experience with SOX and PCI controlled systems as it relates to data networking
* Airline or travel industry experience
* Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills (ability to address large and small audiences).
* Ability to articulate (verbally / visually) ideas, approach, concepts, options, risk, impact, and recommendations to technical, non-technical, and Leadership audiences. [facilitate meetings with medium to large audience of peers]
* Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
* Must possess outstanding business acumen, and a sound understanding of industry rules / standards.
* Must be highly organized, motivated, and capable of working with minimum supervision.
* Ability to mentor / coach Tech Leads, Senior Developers, and Peers in a domain or technical area.
* Ability to provide expert technical and Thought Leadership in a domain area / app suite.
* Outstanding leadership skills including partnering, consensus building, influencing.
* Advanced knowledge of project management methodology and principles.
* Outstanding understanding of business process and business rules for a Portfolio.
* Expert knowledge of computer or network systems hardware, and software theory, emerging practices / concepts, and technology relevant to organizational / portfolio vision.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, Team-based, Customer-service-oriented environment.
* Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
Looking for a Sr. Level Engineer that has a DEPTH of experience in the network space. They should have a background in : Data Center, Route/Swtich/Firewalls/End User Computing and supporting these teams in building design and solutions; vs being on a team and troubleshooting. Must have experience on the integration side of things. Cloud Experience is a plus.
* Data Center
* Sr. Engineer - beyond will serve as a liaison between teams and leadership
* Network Engineering for a long time doing design work
* Being the sole person to discuss the network
* CCIE - 10 years (will look at candidates without CCIE)
* Application Integration
* Firewall; load balancers
* Facilities side - power/cooling - Data Center
* End User Computing
* Cloud Experience
New Data Center will look like the below:
* CISCO ACI
* Cisco 9000
* VPN - still CISCO
* Firewalls - moving to Palo Alto
* Riverbed WAN optimizers
* F5 load balancers
* Moving from Dell Servers - HP
* Amazon Azure/Salesforce
Richard Bower, Technical Recruiter, Judge Technology Solutions
12700 Park Central Drive, Suite 1070 Dallas, Texas 75251
mobile (817) 988-7088 email firstname.lastname@example.org www.judge.com
Click to learn more about Judge's Technology, Talent & Learning Solutions
people powered business solutions