Role: Assist in the design, performance & support of data communications devices, systems and services, firewall infrastructure and security for all external network connections. This includes remote access, intrusion detection, and proxy services.
- Analyze network performance and assist in identifying topology performance and redundancy weaknesses.
- Implement specific changes to maintain the data communications network infrastructure.
- Perform installation and configuration of firewalls, IDS and proxy services by following requirements for Internet connected devices to allow approved access while maintaining necessary security for web servers and internal systems.
- Responsible for detailed switch and router configurations.
- Coordinate delivery of telecommunications services for the credit union and its subsidiaries.
- Coordinate voice communications problem management and resolution with utilities, vendors and management.
- Assist and document the development of data communications standards and procedures to ensure uniform delivery and adequate control of the network.
- 6+ years experience in voice and data communications including two years as a Network Analyst II or equivalent experience or training.
- Strong working knowledge of cabling standards and best practices.
- CCNP required, CCDP or higher certifications highly desirable.
- Proficient in the configuration and troubleshooting of CISCO routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Familiar with network analyzers and management systems, including Sniffer and CiscoWorks.
- Experience with Cisco IP Telephony networks; Talari and Palo Alto a plus.
- Must have good project management and coordination skills.
Education: Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
Qualified candidates forward MS word resume, advise citizenship status, required salary range and availability details.