Currently, we are seeking a Network Supporr Engineer for our Northern Virginia location.
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate customer s networks and in house servers
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
- Attend to any needed updates
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Resolve problems reported by end user
- Define network policies and procedures
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Research and make recommendations on server and Network system administration
- Bachelor s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive, relevant work experience in lieu of every year of education. Candidates that have completed a Master s degree program strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience responding to Networking and System incidents, ability to identify and determine root causes of incidents and provide any required documentation and possible evidence to authorized personnel who carry legal or investigative authorities
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust, DoE 6C, clearance.
- Proven experience in a network administrator role
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching
- Knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPNs remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Juniper, Cisco, CWNA or BCNE training
- Must have at least one of the following certifications:
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- Cisco CCNA Certification
- Cisco CCNP Certification.
- Bachelor's/Master s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Networks or related field.
- Experience on Solar Winds
The job entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email or face to face. Travel may be required as per the job requirements.
IPS strictly complies with U.S. employment verification and anti-discrimination laws. An applicant hired by IPS must be able to establish authorization to work in the U.S. IPS does not sponsor individuals for U.S. work visas, though exceptions may be evaluated on a case by case basis, at the sole discretion of the company.
Infosys Public Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity