Network Support Tech
Two Openings total: 1 day shift & 1-night shift on-site at the Pentagon.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Provide continuous coverage to the User Support Center (USC) during scheduled shift and remain on shift until relief coverage is available.
* Provide on-call and recall support as-required to sustain 24/7/365 operations.
* Provide 'Mission Essential' support availability, including physical coverage during inclement weather, holidays, and government closure.
* Provide support of Primary, Secondary, and COOP locations within a 150 mile National Capital Region (NCR) area, including overnight lodging.
* Ability to lift 25 pounds to a height of 3-4 feet and position self to maintain systems and equipment within the IT environment, including under desks and in enclosed spaces.
* Respond to telephone, electronic mail, and/or walk-in requests for support for all systems and equipment within the IT environment.
* Complete and document trouble tickets using applicable software, and policy and procedures within established SLA time windows.
* Install, update, test, maintain, and provide corrective maintenance/troubleshooting for Operating Systems, templates, applications, and physical IT equipment.
* Monitor all identified systems and services utilizing approved tools.
* Administer, issue, and maintain user accounts, distribution/security groups, and passwords.
* Provide BlackBerry mobile support (e.g .Password reset, activation, and troubleshooting etc.).
* Provide VTC and VOIP endpoint support.
* Provide installation, maintenance, queue management, and configuration support of direct connect and network based single purpose and multifunction printers.
* Conduct fault isolation and resolution of network problems, whether cable, workstation, peripherals, or other hardware.
* Perform basic maintenance and minor repairs on hardware and peripherals.
* Provide data transfers between classified and unclassified networks according to prescribed policy and procedures.
* Track, maintain, and distribute a stock of consumables and equipment cleaning supplies for IT equipment as identified by On-Site Manager or Lead (e.g. toners, ink, CD-Rs, DVDs, etc.)
* Ensure technical safeguards are maintained to provide controlled user access, integrity of electronic mail, applications and user data.
* Document procedures and processes used to research, assess, troubleshoot, test, and resolve support incidents.
* Assist with maintenance of servers and network services.
* Assist and coordinate with all support tiers as necessary to support project/task execution or with any escalated user requests or incidents.
* Associates Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent degree
* CompTia Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, or GSEC in good standing (IAT-II); Must be provided upon submission to CKA
* Current (within 05 years) computing environment certification; Ex. Microsoft MCSA/MCSE. Must be obtained within 4-months from start
* Hands-on technical experience (02 years)
* Microsoft Windows 7 and newer (02 years)
* Microsoft Office 2010 and newer (02 years)
* Top Secret or Interim Top Secret is acceptable
* Secret is acceptable upon submission but clearance must be upgraded to Interim TS in order to start
* Blackberry Server Administration (01 year)
* Video Teleconferencing, VTC (01 year)
* Voice Over IP, VOIP (01 year)
* Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and newer (02 years)
* IAVM Compliance (02 years)
* BMC Remedy (02 years)