Please note that this is a 3 months contract position.
Must have an Active Secret Clearance.
Position Summary and required shift hours:
Seeking an Enterprise Monitoring Analyst to provide on-site support and work in Alexandria, Virginia. The qualified candidate must be able to work the day or night shift scheduled during the week (weekday and weekend) for up to 48 hours/week to support 24x7 operational environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position requires to have system admin background with a strong understanding of technology stack; great communication and troubleshooting skills with excellent ability to perform in high pressure situations.
• Primarily responsible for Tier I monitoring of infrastructure components like server platforms, network devices, system applications, database servers, etc.
• Timely review of alerts, notifications, assessment of the situation, coordination and possible escalation for action(s) to be taken by the responsible support team(s).
• Participate operations calls in incident response scenarios; identify the gaps in monitoring/alerting and provide solutions for them.
• Creation of High level and detailed reporting for executives and management consumption.
• Responsible to provide technical and coordination support on system outages and/or interruptions that may arise during assigned shift.
• Build effective relationships with key stakeholders who own and support USPTO IT architecture, infrastructure, applications, processes and operations.
• Able to define, document and support systems, policies and procedures.
• Perform enterprise level technical investigation, executive level communication, and resolution tracking.
• Ability to identify and undertake necessary steps to minimize the impact of unanticipated events and investigate all irregularities as needed.
• Support an enterprise environment with more than 10,000 nodes being monitored.
• Prepare and maintain documents pertaining to NOC/SOC Operations Services. Qualifications/Requirements (required and desired):
The qualified candidate for this position should be able to work in shifts to support 24x7 operational environment 365 days.
• Minimum of 3 years recent experience working in Network/Security Operations Center or working in a NOC/SOC setting and operability with variety of Enterprise tools to monitor an Enterprise environment with more than 10,000 nodes supporting critical Applications.
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and project information clearly and concisely to executive staff including technical and non-technical audiences.
• Comfortable in a fast pace work environment and Ability to meet time sensitive requirements and SLA/OLA.
• Excellent customer service and organizational skills and must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Skilled technical writer with experience working and coordinating with multiple disparate groups for documentation of technical information.
• Must be a highly-motivated detail-oriented, self-starter able to work independently and as an integral part of a team, and manage complex projects from start to finish.
• Monitor and analyze logs and alerts from a variety of tools (HP Operations Manager, Splunk, SiteScope etc.).
• Ability to document daily and weekly reports
Technical Requirements (required and desired):
• Must have experience with one or more: Monitoring, Windows Server, Linux/Unix Server, and Red Hat Virtualization Environment.
• Experience with HP Operations Manager or similar network monitoring systems required.
• Understanding of SIEM tools is desired.
• Experience with Incident response / remediation as well as with incident analysis.
• Experience with network commands and tools such as Ping, Traceroute, and Nslookup.
• Excellent problem solving and decision making skills required.
• Strong knowledge of identified operating system platforms, routers/switches, network protocols, and network infrastructure.
• System Administration experience with Linux and Windows are desired
• Familiarity with Remedy ticketing system
Education, Training or Certifications (required and desired):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or relevant work experience.
• Relevant industry standard certifications preferred.
• Must be Secret Clearable.
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A497.