Role:The Network/System Administrator s role is to maintain the Network and system environment by identifying network and system requirements; installing upgrades and monitoring network and system performance. The Network Administrator will also be responsible for maintaining the servers, security of the network, Backup and DR Procedures, Testing and implementation.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Maintain Credit Union s server hardware and software including, but not limited to, Exchange, Microsoft ADDNSDHCP, VMware, Storage (SAN) and network monitoring tools. E 35%
Maintain network communications infrastructure including switches, routers, virtual private network (VPN) systems.
Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video and data communication networks.
Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
Proactively monitors the network performance by performing network monitoring, analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems before they become an outage.
Responsible for backing up servers and ensuring backup integrity. E 30%
Responsible for the replication of Servers to offsite purposes for DR purposes.
Proactively monitor and manage the telecommunication line (T1, Ethernet) and interfaces with the vendor to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages.
Responds to system-wide outages of any components that comprise the network computing environment (i.e. servers, network infrastructure) and restore services to operational level.
Implement and maintain Disaster Recovery plan (DR) initiatives. Conduct DR testing at Disaster site and provide summary reports on success of such tests. Identify any deficiencies in DR recovery procedures and incorporate appropriate changes into documentation. E 15%
Manage the network security from the Network Firewall to the access lists on the routers.
Work with third party vendors to resolve network issues. E 15%
Keep all the servers updated with latest security patches and software upgrades.
Provide support for all Help Desks tickets that are generated.
Willing to learn new technologies.
1. To assure prompt response to and recovery from systems and network related production interruptions, across multiple hardware platforms, networks and operating systems.
2. To identify opportunities to improve services to the company and/or its customers through use of new products and technologies.
3. To anticipate system and network security/integrity risks and assure adequate safeguards.
4. To ensure that network users, user environment and directories are established, updated and maintained on a regular basis.
5. To provide friendly, professional and accurate service and support to all members and associates.
* Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
* Knowledge of Windows XP and Windows 7, word processing and spreadsheet applications, LAN/WAN, Internet, and E-mail applications.
* Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
* Ability to communicate orally and written in a professional manner.
* Ability to apply technical standards, principles, theories and techniques.
* Handles highly confidential information/material.
* Able to organize, coordinate, and direct projects.
* Must have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft server installation and administration.
Must have a detailed knowledge in administering Exchange servers.
Proficient in supporting, implementing and administering networks such as Microsoft Windows Active Directory, DNS, DHCP.
Must have a working Knowledge of VMware ESXi.
Must have Knowledge of SAN.
Must have a working knowledge of using different backup software s.
Knowledge of the principles, methods and techniques used in network administration and support.
Knowledge of routers, switches, patch panel, associated terminals and related network hardware and software.
Must have experience in deploying windows patches.
Willing to take ownership of a project.
Must be a team player as well as taking work on individually.
Possesses problem solving capabilities.