Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 28,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
We're large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we're hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career. Summary:
Our Network Systems Consultant
sales associate is responsible for custom solution designs and support of CDK Global field sales. Products include: Networking, Unified Communications, IP Video, Network Security, and Data Center solutions for auto, truck, tractor, and motorsports dealerships. Systems Engineers will work in a consultative setting with customers to translate business plans and needs into comprehensive networking, Unified Communications, video, and data center solutions. In addition, Systems Engineers will collaborate with sales associates to present and sell solutions to dealership decision makers. This role is a part of a Job Family, with various levels, commensurate with experience. POSITION LOCATION IS FLEXIBLE; IDEAL LOCATION WOULD BE DETROIT, MI/HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL/NORWOOD, OH/REMOTE Appropriate Skills
- Proven ability to support quota carrying sales team
- Perform discovery and review of technology infrastructure and business requirements both remotely and while at customer site
- Architect solutions based on customer technical and business requirements in conjunction with customer goals and direction.
- Coordinate cross-functional sessions with key stakeholders to include project management, implementation engineering, support, and sales to ensure validity and success of the overall solution design.
- Prepare pre-sales project documentation to include network design diagram, return on investment analysis, discovery documentation, and statement of work as necessary
- Develop solution quotes, customer presentations, and work with sales team to on sales strategy
- Present and demonstrate solutions to both technical and non-technical C-Level buyers and participate in closing meetings as necessary
- Establish and maintain close relationships with key customers to earn their confidence and become trusted advisors
- Become a trusted resource to Sales executives for CDK and non-CDK technical strategy, questions, and concerns for existing customers and prospects.
- Provide project summary, key customer value proposition, and communicate design as sold to CDK implementation teams. Attend weekly or bi-weekly implementation calls for key sales and/or customers.
- There will be approximate 70% travel required in this role across the United States.
- 40% = Consulting and presenting on site in a sales setting with C-level dealership personnel to determine business needs prior to the sale, and presentation and sale of the needed solution. Joint development of sales strategy with CDK Global Sales
- 20% = Determination/custom specification of networking, security, and/or Unified Communications technology specifically appropriate to the needed solution
- 25% = Custom preparation of detailed pricing quotes including equipment, implementation services, and support services. Detailed design drawings of the network, security, or unified communications solution representing end-to-end physical and logical connectivity and integration to the customer's Dealer Management System
- 15% = Conduct detailed site reviews of customer premises to determine hardware, software, infrastructure, and labor and project management hours required to achieve customer objectives
- 2+ years C-level executive presentation/sales experience
- 5+ years technical networking/Unified Communications/IP Video/Data Center experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Networking/Unified Communications/IP Video/ routing/switching/wireless/WAN transport/security
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Software skills to include Microsoft Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment while delivering personal results
- Technical certifications required: CCNA/DA or equivalent technical experience
- Technical certifications desired: CISSP, CCNP/DP, MCSE
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.