Network Systems Engineer
As a Network Systems Engineer, you will responsible for providing proactive and reactive support and administration of the LAN/WAN infrastructure. This includes firewalls, routers, and multilayer switching, overall network design, corporate servers, PC maintenance, and VoIP telecommunications equipment. Individual must be proficient with high end routers, switches, and firewalls. Individual must also be proficient with current VMware ESX and SAN infrastructure. Must have a detailed understanding of Active Directory in a Windows domain, Microsoft Server operating systems, and be knowledgeable in Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and other Microsoft applications in an enterprise environment including Microsoft 365 and client-server-based applications. Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain and achieve a high level of network availability of 99% or greater.
- Proactively manage, monitor, maintain, and test the LAN/WAN network equipment and demonstrate ongoing improvement in network performance.
- Proficient in VMware virtual infrastructure, SAN and RAID design.
- Proactively identify any network security risks and to communicate such with IT department management to provide a quick and viable resolution to those risks.
- Develop and maintain network documentation of all changes, upgrades, and additions to the network structure.
- Assist Systems Administrator to maintain reliable backup and replication of all severs.
- Assist System Administrator in managing all servers including but not limited to Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, SQL, and other application servers.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in stressful situations.
- Have and maintain a working knowledge of current network security threats and how to protect against them.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in computer science or equivalent.
- Exceptional security configuration knowledge of Cisco and Checkpoint firewalls, routers, and switches.
- Excellent knowledge of IP protocols and standards.
- Proven CISSP, CCIE, CCSP, CCDP certification with a security focus preferred.
- Proven experience working in a current Windows LAN/WAN environment.
- Proficient understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and Active Directory structure and deployment of group policies.
- Experience with Deployment, Configuration and Management of Microsoft 365
- Adept at PowerShell and other scripting languages.
- Working understanding of SQL and Exchange design and administration.
- Support and/or programming of an IBM iSeries system a plus.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com