NETWORK SYSTEM OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATOR
Navopache Electric Cooperative, Inc. (NEC)
NEC is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Network System Operations Administrator. NEC is situated within the White Mountains of Arizona, 180 miles NE of Phoenix. It is a place of beautiful scenery and mild climate, with a small community atmosphere where you know your neighbors. The area abounds in opportunities for hiking, hunting, fishing and other outdoors sports.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under direction of the Manager of Information Technology Services, the Network System Operations Administrator is responsible for the configuration, maintenance and development of all IT infrastructure and managing the overall traditional backend IT operations such as servers, networks, routers, switches, storage, backup, security, etc.
Duties Include :
- Install and maintain new and existing servers; physical and virtual, and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements. This includes the storage of area networks. Program and maintain VOIP phone system and cell phone solution.
- Responsible to backup two peer roles; Business Applications System Administrator and the SCADA System Administrator. This infers system access, day to day duties, technical aptitude, and training to cover role in case of emergency.
- Install, manage, and configure server based applications and hardware appliances such as Exchange, Windows File Systems, Cisco UCS, Horizon View(for VDI), Red Hat Linux, Shortel, etc.
- Be observant and recommend innovative, and (where possible) automated approaches for system administration tasks and business processes. Identify approaches that leverage NEC resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, network, internet, server resources, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Responsible for the implementation and management of the Cyber Security plan. This includes performing regular security monitoring of each assigned system to identify any possible intrusions and respond accordingly. Implement and maintain the backend of the firewall, Anti-Spam, Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware solutions and be proactive with prevention and thorough with remediation. Implement and manage a camera security system
- Ensure system regulatory compliance and be aware of requirements. This includes, but not limited to maintaining PCI compliant solutions and policies. Also, comply with OATI digital certification when managing access for CEO and Engineering Manager.
- Proactively manage the Active Directory health, domain controllers, partitioning, while working in tandem with Business Applications System Administrator.
- Perform and/or implement daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up as per system documentation. Periodically verify backup integrity by restoring data from a backup and testing. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- In support role, be proactive in providing technical support, training, and helping departments and employees for respective systems and as requested by Manager of IT. Communicate at appropriate level outages and system problems with non-technical staff, management, and peer staff. Be proactive in communication of project status, outage evaluations and support issues with affected departments/employees.
- Maintain, implement and follow change control policies and apply OS patches and application upgrades to backend systems. Implement and maintain standardization practices for hardware, software, applications, security protocols, networking configurations and settings, and documentation. Keep inventory of backend systems.
- Work in tandem with the Business Applications System Administrator and the SCADA System Administrator to design, implement, and maintain a disaster recovery solution. Test disaster recovery solution to ensure NEC s servers, networks, and services can failover to a disaster recovery site.
- Configure and maintain IPSEC tunnel, Firewall appliances, Cable, and PST modems. Configure and manage WLAN technologies and security to support wireless access.
- Configure, extend, and develop VLAN s. Manage DNS servers and IP Network; routers, switches and peripheral hardware. Make and pull cables as necessary. Troubleshoot network performance issues and outages. Utilize and maintain network SNMP monitoring.
- Manage and support audio/visual resources and support NEC and related events.
- Performs special duties and other duties as directed.
- Formal Education
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or in a related IT discipline.
- Previous Job Experience
- Directly related experience may substitute for educational requirements.
Five years of progressive experience in networking, servers, system operations, storage area networks, and backend operations.
- Technology and communications systems.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of all applicable safety rules, regulations and practices.
- Ability to successfully assimilate new information, procedures and techniques encountered in managing information technology systems. Must work well with vendors and members of IT team to quickly resolve technical problems.
- Hold or be willing to obtain industry technical certifications as determined by management and system needs.
- Knowledgeable about virtual environments; ie, VMWare
- VSphere, Horizon View VDI environment, Virtual backup Data Protection (VDP).
- Strong acumen with Windows and Linux platforms; Active Directory, LDAP, Outlook, MS Office, Adobe, VPN, Google Earth, Wireless technologies, IPSEC, Exchange server, Windows File Systems, Cisco UCS, Horizon View(for VDI) etc.
- Experience with troubleshooting complex systems and utilizing standard methodologies, tools and equipment. Incumbent must have a thorough knowledge of advanced networking and communications theory. Also the OSI model, network testers, packet analyzers and ICMP tools i.e. ping, netstat, traceroute, and ipconfig.
- Familiar with DHCP, DNS, Firewalls, IP Addressing, subnetting, and related access rules and with queuing mechanisms like QOS/TOS for LAN networks. Understand Cisco IOS and other vendor interface for routers and switches.
- Knowledgeable of routing protocols and able to configure OSPF and VRRP and static routes on a router. Also, strong familiarity with wireless access solutions.
- May function as a lead or project manager and at times be responsible for training, instruction, setting the work pace, and evaluating performance.
- Must live within 50 miles of assigned office. Occasionally will be called and required to work and help after hours
- Have or be able to obtain a valid Arizona driver s license within 30 days of employment.
HOURS OF OPERATION: 4/10s The cooperative is on a 4/10 schedule (Monday through Thursday).
SALARY : Commensurate with qualifications. This is an exempt position.
BENEFITS: Navopache offers a comprehensive benefit package.
CLOSES: Open until filled.
NEC: Founded in 1946, NEC is a member owned electric cooperative. Our mission is to serve our communities in the most efficient, safe and reliable way.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: If you feel you have the required skills and abilities, you may apply on-line by submitting your cover letter and resume. If you meet the qualifications, you will be sent an application to complete. Selected qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews, two weeks following the job closing date. EOE/M/F/D/V
As with all NEC employment positions, the successful applicant will be asked to successfully pass a physical exam and a drug screen .