Purpose: To provide second level incident management for SECU systems, users, and service providers. Monitor, manage, and support a defined technology/system (e.g hardware, operating systems, network and applications) in support of ongoing operations and projects. Focus on event and incident management, and as an escalation resource for problem management.
• Monitors network equipment to ensure systems and software uptime.
• Coordinates incident management with Vendors when outages occur to ensure that corrective action is taken in a timely manner and to restore services as quickly as possible.
• Analyzes and troubleshoots network systems and application status to identify potential incidents and develop solutions before outages occur.
• Technician serves as a direct point of contact for user and service provider interaction.
• Supports local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) for SECU.
• Supports telecommunications equipment installation, troubleshooting, and hardware testing.
• Coordinates activities of equipment and vendors.
• Reviews failures for trends and chronics and escalate potential problem management. Act as initial point for problem management.
• Participates in knowledge transfer and management, actively builds knowledge base.
• Assists with Event Management.
• Troubleshoot complex enterprise networks to quickly resolve downtime and outages
• Respond to network management system alarms according to established processes
• Manage issues/users by setting expectations and meeting/exceeding those expectations to achieve the highest level of satisfaction
• Effectively communicate issues to engineers within the support team, and resolutions/work-around to the end user community
• Resolves network level problems
• Measures systems and network performances and recommends/implements performance improvements
• Assist with testing new network technologies
• Supports configurations and installations of network devices such as routers, switches, ATMS, etc.
• Must use all available learning resources, including certification classes, manuals and technical publications, and on-the-job training provided by senior personnel to increase knowledge of network architecture, protocols, equipment specifications, troubleshooting techniques, document standards, and procedures.
• Utilize lab environments to recreate, troubleshoot, and resolve issues
• Other duties as assigned.
• BS in Engineering/Computer Science/IT, or CCUE Certification, or Associate of Arts degree via the North Carolina College Transfer Program (NC-CTP) highly desired
• Minimum of 2-3+ years’ experience in network support
• CCNA highly desired
• Strong practical knowledge of troubleshooting Routing and Switching protocols BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, and STP
• Must be willing to work evening shift in a 4 day x 10 hour rotation which includes weekends and holidays.
• Strong practical knowledge of protocols including TCP/IP, IPSEC, and Frame-Relay
• Strong practical knowledge of Cisco platforms including 6500 and ISR series routers
• Working knowledge of Voice over IP (VOIP)/Call Manager/UCCE technology preferred
• Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Prior experience in support of remote networks required
• ITIL certifications a plus
• Must be able to speak English fluently.
• Must be able to cooperate and collaborate with co-workers.
• Must be cordial in all interactions with members and co-workers.
• Must adhere to the work schedule and attendance policy established by manager.
• Must complete the Credit Union’s Basic Module Program requirements within 24 months of hire date as a condition of employment.
• Office setting with physical proximity to other employees.
• Some background noise from other employees, copy machine, fax machine, and telephone.
• Must be able to comprehend and carry out verbal and written instructions.
• Job requires a substantial amount of sitting.
• Use of hands and fingers to press keys on computer keyboard to enter or retrieve information.
• Use of hands and finger to press telephone key pad and lift telephone receiver.
• Must be able to comprehend phone calls.
• Must be able to lift 10 pounds.